Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

30 minutes ago, SLAB said:

if EMS does not resume service by June, i think i'll change to a courier to finally receive my pieces from Hoosier. I'm starting to suffer from withdrawal :ohmy: 

I hear that DHL is treble the cost of EMS at the moment

1 hour ago, SLAB said:

if EMS does not resume service by June, i think i'll change to a courier to finally receive my pieces from Hoosier. I'm starting to suffer from withdrawal :ohmy: 

What are you chasing down now?

46 minutes ago, Broark said:

I'm working on that now. :ph34r:
tKv0k4e.jpg

Brilliant! I hope you enjoy them

37 minutes ago, Broark said:

That's what @MJF9 was saying. 
Seiichiro just got back to me, ¥8,600 for two shirts! That's pretty pricy...

I just checked DHL from UK to Japan - comes in at the same price. Also I see DHL have hiked their fuel surcharges (and probably every other) since the pandemic outbreak 

Logistics companies have to try and take advantage of the situation to make a buck. I’m sure their inbound/outbound flights are quite limited, which explains the price hike. I think I’ll have to hold off for now and revisit once EMS starts up again. Hopefully that’s soon.

International shipping from Buyee with EMS is generally $30–35 for a pair of jeans, for me, and last week I paid $68 to ship two pair with DHL, so that seemed pretty much on par—go figure

..also worth bearing in mind, a lot of couriers ship small parcels in the excess cargo hold space of the 1000's of daily commercial flights which fly international every single day, that's how both passenger flights and couriers keep their costs down... or they did until recently.

00 that’s exactly why EMS has stopped accepting US shipments, I believe they piggyback off the daily commercial US bound flights. Now those aren’t happening as regularly.

47 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Is the fabric for the "Bakehead Jet Black Chain Stripe" really black? On all the pics I've seen it looks (very dark) brown...

What FW calls black quite often has a lot of red pigment - so it can appear brown (depending on the ratio of pigment and the fabric being dyed). This will also become more apparent the more it is washed.

On 5/18/2020 at 9:46 AM, Duke Mantee said:

I don’t think the blue works quite as well in the jacket, but the waistcoat/vest in blue is much better

I've been doing some (very brief) searching, and for those interested it's called the Saddlehorn vest, and yes, it's very cool.

Edit: Saddle Rock, not saddle horn. Doh.

Edited by JDelage

10 minutes ago, the shivman said:

The Jackson suit is a classic. Do you wear it casually often Duke?

I’ve worn it casually and formally - sometimes the whole 3 piece, sometimes just the coat and denim. It’s the best of FW I think.

Actually, I believe this aspect of FW is completely overlooked. Their suits/coats are beautiful - on a par with anything I’ve seen or worn

Edited by Duke Mantee

50 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

What was the FW garb you wore to your friend's funeral Duke?

That ensemble looked class.

Thanks Doc, this was the coat I wore along with matching waistcoat and trousers ...

Freewheelers Langley Late 1800’s Engineer’s Overcoat, Original Heavy Weight Cotton (7%)/Wool (93%) Kersey Tweed, Grained Black #1331033

P1100678.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee