Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’ll pass on your thanks

You know my thoughts on the Ironalls and the high stance collar - I kinda wrestle it into place (although @Snake wears it nicely) but it is a really nice design and it’s wabash. Personally, given your climate, I’d be thinking about that coral loco engineer and the gray Bakehead - both really nice airy fabrics. Both the check Neal’s have a really nice feel about them too and will fade well

I think the coral stripe Locomotive engineer is a must, I've always kept my eye out for one at auctions as I believed them to be long gone.
Although now that I look at the tag it appears to be size 17, might be too small...
The herringbone chambray Engineer shirt looks quite nice too. Neal would be a safe bet as I own one and am familiar with the fit.
I also own a Slingshot so I'm familiar with that fit. What's the weight of the wabash on the Ironalls?
And it seems like he might be able to arrange DHL shipping as JD noted.

16 minutes ago, Broark said:

I think the coral stripe Locomotive engineer is a must, I've always kept my eye out for one at auctions as I believed them to be long gone.
Although now that I look at the tag it appears to be size 17, might be too small...
The herringbone chambray Engineer shirt looks quite nice too. Neal would be a safe bet as I own one and am familiar with the fit.
I also own a Slingshot so I'm familiar with that fit. What's the weight of the wabash on the Ironalls?
And it seems like he might be able to arrange DHL shipping as JD noted.

I never noticed the loco engineer was a 17 :blush2: - I think he probably thinks it might fit because it’s roomy but I asked him to confirm. The wabash fabric is lightweight maybe around 5oz

6 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

I never noticed the loco engineer was a 17 :blush2: - I think he probably thinks it might fit because it’s roomy but I asked him to confirm. The wabash fabric is lightweight maybe around 5oz

It might work, found a size chart from Old Goat. As long as it's not a slim fitting shirt I can pull it off based on their measurements. And based on photos it doesn't look too slim.
The Ironall might be perfect, trying to find more fit pics so I can determine if I can stand the collar stance.

On 5/11/2020 at 8:22 PM, aho said:

^Nice Sinn as well ;D

Thanks! Good eye. It has been my daily for about three years now. A simple, understated, high contrasting design.

@Broark Don't sleep on the Washburn. It's a pullover dress shirt. Fabric is made from cotton, rayon and linen. Really unique. Thick yet very breathable fabric. I would recommend the Langford as well but the band collar isn't for everyone though there is a regular collar version.

Here is me wearing the white/sax Washburn with Miller trouser in navy moleskin.

30173626484_21f425c853_z.jpg30163527673_9a0c703b34_z.jpg

30798876255_05824ed924_z.jpg

@Snake that Washburn suits you well, I think I prefer that color combination more than the one Seiichiro has in stock. Still having a hard time deciding which to buy, but I’ll probably send him an email tomorrow once I have my mind made up. 

@Duke Mantee I don't know how all they all get the collar standing straight up. The collar is not reinforced and the fabric is soft after the first wash. For me, they just lay flat and spread out.

@Broark Its based on the M1942 trouser but the top block, thigh and waist are a bit bigger. The leg opening seems normal like other FW tapered trouser. If you wear them with a double cuff like how I wear my M1942, the taper will not be as pronounced.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

@Duke Mantee I don't know how all they all get the collar standing straight up. The collar is not reinforced and the fabric is soft after the first wash. For me, they just lay flat and spread out.

It’s the depth of the collar band that does it and that’s the thing that I sometimes struggle with - you wear it nicely by spreading the whole collar which gives the effect of thinning out the high stance design

if EMS does not resume service by June, i think i'll change to a courier to finally receive my pieces from Hoosier. I'm starting to suffer from withdrawal :ohmy: