Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

On 5/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, JDelage said:

As someone who does not appreciate collar tabs, I'm fascinated by the collar tabs on the Engineer, Brakeman, and Ironall shirt. They have a button on the tab, button hole side, so that the wearer can fold over the tab when not needed. Very cool. Here's an example on the Ironall, thanks to Klamp on Rakuten:

It's cool design. I like it too. I haven't seen it from other brands. FW only put it on shirts with oversized collar tab. I noticed FW's earlier shirt pattern has smaller collars. Newer shirt pattern has bigger collars and FW increase the size of the collar tab on some models as you mentioned.

@Iron Horse Very informative. Really appreciate the posts on collar design and pocket placement.

@Duke Mantee That's quite a shirt collection. I don't think I have that many but I am not too far behind.

The shirts are finished for the moment so here’s a couple of ‘shackets’ - I’m never sure what to classify them as although FW Lot numbers say coat or jacket

Freewheelers Greaseball, Vintage Stripe Chambay, Indigo x Navy #1521029

1521029 Greaseball.jpg

1 hour ago, the shivman said:

The all green look is great on you Duke. Do you also have a pair of the Faller trousers? I am considering them.

Cheers - it was wall a bit ‘slung on’ but it’s comfortable 

I passed on the Faller and remain undecided on the ankle cuffs. I think you would be someone to convince me ...

1 hour ago, the shivman said:

Yea, the Fallers have intrigued me for a while. Mostly because they would be a change of pace from what I normally wear. What are the leg openings on the Mountain trousers like?

Works inside or over boots

F64A2786-0EFD-4FF0-811C-BBAD5CE3C067.jpeg

They were based on these ...

1972303D-51A7-4B57-9AF3-BF9F6B6862B7.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

I really like the new Ironall wabash, seems to be sold out everywhere in 17.5 though.
The fabric looks really great, but for some reason I always feel like I look weird wearing wabash? 
THEIRONALLLONGSLEEVEWORKSHIRT_9_2048x204
THEIRONALLLONGSLEEVEWORKSHIRT_13_2048x20
THEIRONALLLONGSLEEVEWORKSHIRT_17_2048x20

Not my favourite shirt style (I’ve got the black wabash from a few years back) but I don’t know why you’d feel that way - I think it’s very versatile and it wears and fades just as well as denim

7FBA2F62-D362-44D0-A0B7-017E4B1672E0.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

I think it might have more to do with the wabash shirts that I have.
The cuffs on the MF one are very narrow while the forearm is wide, making the fit look a bit strange IMO.
The Flat Head one I have is just a weird cut, like most FH shirts. 

29 minutes ago, Broark said:

I think it might have more to do with the wabash shirts that I have.
The cuffs on the MF one are very narrow while the forearm is wide, making the fit look a bit strange IMO.
The Flat Head one I have is just a weird cut, like most FH shirts. 

Ah - crap shirts and not wabash is the issue :laugh2:

Very nice pair of 1943? Olive pocket bag and silver buttons. 
33x32 for $185 plus shipping on eBay 
someone buy them. I need to work on my 47s! Haha 

Edited by ecsong187

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

I think wabash is great. Fades like denim, pairs well with denim, looks like stripes from afar... 

@Duke Mantee - What do you dislike in the Ironall if I may ask?

The high stance collar - I never seem to feel 100% comfortable in it. Really nice design other than that tho’

4 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

It’ll be running close to 20 years since the guys left Joe McCoy and founded Bootleggers

I think the first products were around 2002 - my Lot 213 is from about that time

More pics of that 213 would be appreciated. Some shots of details would be even better.

Always been interested to know more about bootleggers before Freewheelers.