Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

12 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

They’d be happier with my mannequin :laugh:

Don't sell yourself short. Have you seen the bearded fella on their "Concept" page? Horrible. You as model with Cory aka banditphotographer taking the pictures would be fire.

I see what you mean now with the Brakeman shirt. It does run bigger than the usual. At my size (16), chest measurement is about an inch bigger and overall length is much longer which forces you to wear it tucked. For larger sizes, the difference must be more pronounced.

10 hours ago, dau said:

maybe I missed somewhere in the topic, but how many Freewheelers shirts do you have?

Erm ... 113 on last count and another 200 or so other items. Unfortunately I’ve still got some pieces in another location which I can’t access because of the lockdown ... 

8 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

^ Duke's FW collection reminds me of the old Milton Berle male anatomy joke: he's going to pull out however much he needs to win.

The real question is when is @Duke Mantee going to give us his write-up of "The Petrified Forest?"

:laugh2:

It’s a great film - and so much of what the cast wear is what you see snippets of here

CA710DF3-FCB1-4B63-AE53-6CEF1BCC2512.png

Edited by Duke Mantee

3 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Erm ... 113 on last count and another 200 or so other items. Unfortunately I’ve still got some Pieces in another location which I can’t access because of the lockdown ... 

good Lord B)

3 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’m not sure that you and @Snake are shy in that department either :wink:

I don't know about Snake but I'm miles behind when it comes to comparing our FW wardrobes :laugh:

6 hours ago, Snake said:

Don't sell yourself short. Have you seen the bearded fella on their "Concept" page? Horrible. You as model with Cory aka banditphotographer taking the pictures would be fire.

I see what you mean now with the Brakeman shirt. It does run bigger than the usual. At my size (16), chest measurement is about an inch bigger and overall length is much longer which forces you to wear it tucked. For larger sizes, the difference must be more pronounced.

:laugh2: totally agree with the concept pages - hopeless

1 hour ago, the shivman said:

Duke have you had issues with the vintage chambray conductor getting holes? The fabric is so thin on mine that it rips every time I wear it.

No - my shirt isn’t that tight :ph34r:

In all seriousness the fabric is quite thin but I’ve not experienced or heard of anything like that. Where are the tears?

59 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

No - my shirt isn’t that tight :ph34r:

In all seriousness the fabric is quite thin but I’ve not experienced or heard of anything like that. Where are the tears?

Both elbows blew out, and now random spots are starting to open up. I did wear it quite a bit before it started happening, but I've never experience that with any other FW fabrics.

32 minutes ago, the shivman said:

Both elbows blew out, and now random spots are starting to open up. I did wear it quite a bit before it started happening, but I've never experience that with any other FW fabrics.

That’s a new one on me too. I hear whinging about things like a button coming off or that type of thing but your issue seems properly serious - not good

Duke, you should seriously consider hosting a website to archive these shirts (and your 200+ other items) for posterity's sake. They deserve a good search- and categorization mechanism... I can envision it now: detail shots, good design, and metadata galore. Then you can add FW historian to your bio.

Edited by Suitedupmon

7 hours ago, Suitedupmon said:

Duke, you should seriously consider hosting a website to archive these shirts (and your 200+ other items) for posterity's sake. They deserve a good search- and categorization mechanism... I can envision it now: detail shots, good design, and metadata galore. Then you can add FW historian to your bio.

Something to think about for sure - I’m not experienced enough to know how much work would need to go into it. Is it something you could advise?

FREEWHEELERS "SKID ROW"  2023008 / INDIGO CHAMBRAY

1930-1940s WOODSMAN SHIRTS
・GREAT LAKES GMT.MFG.Co.
・Vintage 9.7oz Cotton / Linen Chambray
・COTTON 65%, LINEN 35% (WASH)

F6DEA5D0-DF5A-4432-8E7D-A3344F8B5534.jpeg

2D9E471B-E31B-4D5F-9ADC-DC3BF4A08750.jpeg

EF4AA662-224A-4D2F-9041-29974E34EDAD.jpeg

84E8FBF6-D798-4B59-8C33-2436C297871C.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

New hoody day... Still unwashed, will shrink a bit.

FREEWHEELERS / ATTACHED HOOD SWEAT PARKA (#1934003,SOOT BLACK × CRIMSON)
1930s STYLE SET-IN SLEEVE SWEAT SHIRT

DDA9CF7F-73AC-4E55-A184-34318D8B0790.jpeg

2868E659-8F9B-47E7-ADA6-A85AF82EE0EB.jpeg

Edited by JDelage