Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

10 hours ago, CSL said:

Hi Gents, 

Thought I'd poke my head over the fence & see what it's like over here, maybe catch up with some old faces that I no longer see on DB.

Anyhow, sorry that my first post is off topic but I did want to clarify that the person whose comments bartlebyyphonics mentions being deleted on DB was a spammer. He'd make a couple of nonsensical comments & then post a link to a shop called streetwearvilla. He did this on three different threads. That's why he was deleted, not for critiquing Mr Q's outfit.

Great to hear your voice @CSL!!! 

I guess, as the discussion around what contribution is / can be gets played out, as some member make the assertion that posting anything is a contribution I have to go full disclosure to say I have an interest (perverse, one might say) in all modes of internet communication - spam has a rich history from Monty Python onwards... two of my favourite essays on the matter here and here and a whole book on it here... I am fully aware that on a smaller site discussions that seem out of place can get more awkward whereas a larger site can accommodate more crinkles and tin-hat musings (and may have larger community push-back), but my feeling is that overly curating participation has its dangers too... (pls believe me, this is said with as much love as there can be... no malignancy intended)

... but back to FW: @CSL you are one of the most dapper FW wearers I have seen so great to hear you here: loving your FW vest posted back on 22.04.20 - all the best characteristics of vintage red head and filson! Plus hats, your hats, yes, your hats! There is a thread for that here, or maybe create one on DB: would love to see the collection if you ever so choose! 

Here are my 601XX 1951 with about 5 months of wear.  I have taken a completely different approach with these, washing and running through the drier at the end of the week.  Lost count but i would imagine the have 15-20 washes on them after 3-6 wears per week.  I plan to continue this way and see how it goes.

Freewheelers 601XX 1951 April 20201.jpg

Freewheelers 601XX 1951 April 20202.jpg

Freewheelers 601XX 1951 April 20203.jpg

Freewheelers 601XX 1951 April 20204.jpg

Freewheelers 601XX 1951 April 20205.jpg

Freewheelers 601XX 1951 April 20206.jpg

Freewheelers 601XX 1951 April 20207.jpg

I really like the new Diamond Cracker in raw white, but 17.5 seems to be sold out everywhere.
Seems to be the case with a lot of shirts in size 17.5, as there probably aren't as many made.
I'd reach out to Hoosier but given the current international shipping situation I'm not getting my hopes up.
DIAMONDCRACKER_12_2048x2048.jpg?v=158719
DIAMONDCRACKER_18_2048x2048.jpg?v=158719
DIAMONDCRACKER_19_2048x2048.jpg?v=158719

8 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

Great to hear your voice @CSL!!! 

I guess, as the discussion around what contribution is / can be gets played out, as some member make the assertion that posting anything is a contribution I have to go full disclosure to say I have an interest (perverse, one might say) in all modes of internet communication - spam has a rich history from Monty Python onwards... two of my favourite essays on the matter here and here and a whole book on it here... I am fully aware that on a smaller site discussions that seem out of place can get more awkward whereas a larger site can accommodate more crinkles and tin-hat musings (and may have larger community push-back), but my feeling is that overly curating participation has its dangers too... (pls believe me, this is said with as much love as there can be... no malignancy intended)

... but back to FW: @CSL you are one of the most dapper FW wearers I have seen so great to hear you here: loving your FW vest posted back on 22.04.20 - all the best characteristics of vintage red head and filson! Plus hats, your hats, yes, your hats! There is a thread for that here, or maybe create one on DB: would love to see the collection if you ever so choose! 

Thanks, Bartlebyyphonics!!! And thanks for the enlightening me to the joys of spam. There was a blues singer named Bobby Bland who would leave a can of spam under the hot tap in the motel room sink before going to his gig. When he returned some hours later there would be a hot supper waiting for him...

About FW, here is that vest. Well worn as you can see.

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_2531 (1).jpg

13 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Freewheelers Brakeman, Vintage 5oz Cotton 60%/Linen 40% Chambray, Light Indigo #1723007 (worst FW shirt ever - they f-cked up the shrinkage)

Mind elaborate a bit more? I have this shirt and I am quite happy with it. For me, this title goes to the Painted Desert Shirt in vintage 50% cotton/50%wool serge fabric. Pattern was way off. Shoulder and chest were one size smaller while shirt and sleeve length were right for the size.

@Snake They experimented with what should be warp and weft - they made the linen component the weft and so it didn’t shrink as expected. I only knew that after a couple of washes then I enquired :angry2: If I knew that then I’d have bought a size smaller ... 

So that’s a fabric f-ck up in my book - the wooden Painted Desert is something is stayed away from because measurements as you point out seemed weird. The denim version is fine ... as are the other versions of the Brakeman

Edited by Duke Mantee

13 hours ago, Broark said:

I really like the new Diamond Cracker in raw white, but 17.5 seems to be sold out everywhere.
Seems to be the case with a lot of shirts in size 17.5, as there probably aren't as many made.
I'd reach out to Hoosier but given the current international shipping situation I'm not getting my hopes up.

Seiichiro is sold out but Desolation Row has it in stock

20 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Right lads, next batch - I’ll slow it down a bit ... I suspect it’s not entertaining for the majority

Freewheelers U.S. Navy Style Work Shirt, Vintage Salvage Yarn-Dyed Chambray, White #1523014

1523014 Navy Style.jpg

Not really into white/off white shirts but this is class 

8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

... and looking all the more fantastic for it

Many thanks, Duke!