Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

Anyone got sizing advice for the 507xx type II? 
I’ve found a 42 for $275 on grailed. Waiting for them to get me measurements. 
I am typically 22”-23” chest so wondering if the 42 would work or not? 
thanks 

Go for it - I’m a 40 and about 40-42 chest

Edited by Duke Mantee

3 hours ago, Snake said:

I regret not picking up the Bakehead in vintage Wabash finish. At the time I thought I could achieve similar results by wearing mine often but damn it's hard to get to that state of wear.

Have you continued to buy Freewheelers over these last few years in your time away from the forums @Snake apologies if you've been active on Insta and such, i don't socially network beyond the denim forums, any other denim brands floating your boat recently?

5 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

off topic but it looks like deletion is still practiced as an art form over there: the esteemed 'how its worn thread' recently getting insta-pruned of a newbie's comments (rather than these comments being spoken too and to allow conversation...) offering tips to MrQ [who obviously needs none, but doesn't need a nanny either - you can see he has responded to the now deleted comment/s; will his comment now also have to be deleted for full non-dissonance/enforced non-agonism...]-

Hi Gents, 

Thought I'd poke my head over the fence & see what it's like over here, maybe catch up with some old faces that I no longer see on DB.

Anyhow, sorry that my first post is off topic but I did want to clarify that the person whose comments bartlebyyphonics mentions being deleted on DB was a spammer. He'd make a couple of nonsensical comments & then post a link to a shop called streetwearvilla. He did this on three different threads. That's why he was deleted, not for critiquing Mr Q's outfit.

@Double 0 Soul Yeah, I still pick up a few pieces from each collection. I don't really buy other brands. As far as denim, no new addition in the last few years except the 1943 601xx and Lot 506xx 1943 jacket. I still have a few jeans in my closet that I collected from my early days....Warehouse, Real McCoy, Sugar Cane, TCB and Oni that I need to break in. Changed job a few years back and I can't wear jeans to work anymore due to company dress code. I wear mostly denim on weekends and workwear type trouser in herringbone, corduroy, discharge print, moleskine, and chino during the week. I like vintage cuts and I haven't seen any new jeans in the last few years that add to what I already have in my collection.

On a different note, I am excited about the Gandy Dancer Overalls in grained brown random stripe from this year's Spring collection. Same fabric (I think) as the Conductor vest FW released in 2015. Should be available next month.

Those Gandy Dancer Overalls do look sexy as hell. The fabric does look similar to above mentioned vest; which is a good thing since it was gorgeous.

Probably planning to pick up the 20's denim pair also this summer

13 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I don't miss the quarrels but i do miss @CSL how the devil are you Carl? you should post here more often, this thread has never been so active :)

Thanks, Neal! You too, my friend. I'm doing fine considering the strange times we're in. Actually if this is what retirement feels like then I'm all for it. 

1 minute ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Indeed, the first 2 weeks away from work i was itching to get back to normality... now work is a distant memory it's going to take some serious motivation to get my arse back in gear.

I've been off for 5 weeks , I'll have my head hung like a kid going back to school after summer break 

8 hours ago, Snake said:

On a different note, I am excited about the Gandy Dancer Overalls in grained brown random stripe from this year's Spring collection. Same fabric (I think) as the Conductor vest FW released in 2015. Should be available next month.

1 hour ago, SLAB said:

Those Gandy Dancer Overalls do look sexy as hell. The fabric does look similar to above mentioned vest; which is a good thing since it was gorgeous.

Probably planning to pick up the 20's denim pair also this summer

Yep - it’s the same material, although a different wash profile

45 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

First time I’ve seen that worn by a gaijin - very nice

There's also a "vintage white" version, which I wish I had bought then as it's sold out everywhere unfortunately.

1 minute ago, JDelage said:

There's also a "vintage white" version, which I wish I had bought then as it's sold out everywhere unfortunately.

Oh I know the shirt and it’s variations but it is nice to see someone else of a western physique wearing it. Japanese styling usually means wearing something about a size or two too big