Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Ok, I think I’m going to stick (more or less) to this style. I’m trying to get it done with the least amount of upset in the house - taking up a room - and the simplest workflow, it’s a pain trying to transfer images from camera especially since in pursuit of simplification it was suggested I get rid on my lovely colour accurate monitor and just connected the computer to the tv because we mostly use it for that purpose ...

Anyway

Freewheelers U.P.R. Adobe x Gold x Blue #1033003

1033003 U.P.R.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

That's the groundskeeper I have Duke. The Stromberg is my favorite flannel I've ever seen. I was surprised how thick and warm it was. It took me a while to find one in my size. I almost gave up and got the Big Chief, which is also great, but I much prefer the pocket flaps & back of the Stromberg.

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Welcome to the 21st century Duke.. i'm still not sure what's going on with this 'new' rep system, is TRASHrep worst than NEGrep? is rep better or worse than POSrep..

i dunno.. i'm flummoxed

:laugh2:

I don’t really know what the rep system is either Neal - I just guessed it was a way of appreciating (or not) someone’s post but as to the standard I’m as clueless as I was with that 21st century computer wizardry ... 

33 minutes ago, the shivman said:

That's the groundskeeper I have Duke. The Stromberg is my favorite flannel I've ever seen. I was surprised how thick and warm it was. It took me a while to find one in my size. I almost gave up and got the Big Chief, which is also great, but I much prefer the pocket flaps & back of the Stromberg.

The Stromberg is one of my favourites too Nate, it drapes amazingly for a flannel.

One of the major problems with the types of pics I’m collating here is that it won’t always show the types of details you mention; yokes, cuffs, elbow reinforcements, etc. which all add to the character of the shirts and I think many overlook

@Suitedupmon Thanks man, appreciate it. 

@Double 0 Soul It's been a while. Not sure what happened with DB. Its like a ghost town over there.

@Duke Mantee The collar stays flat for me. I think it has more to do with the fabric. My Brakeman shirt in chambray has a high collar and it stays up.

@the shivman I prefer the Stromberg over the Big Chief for the exact same reason. Plus the mustard/black combo is killer.

Here in southern CA, it went from winter to summer in a day.

Military Utility and M1942

49815196778_f3e8c28d54_c.jpg

An old picture of me wearing the groundskeeper. 

25151933931_ac81f1d7bd_z.jpg

Really enjoying all the Freewheelers talk, I only have a few items (Neil chambray, Slingshot in beige, Cannabis Runoff tee,  601xx 1943) but I can see myself buying more shirts in the future. The patterning for the shirts is really good for westerners compared to a lot of Japanese brands.