Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Would any helpful chaps be able to assist in identifying these Freewheelers/ Bootleggers pants? They have a v at the back of the waistband. I'm told Duke Mantee may be able to help? Cheers

20200414_125759.jpg

@Thor Those are the Promontory Overalls in double square dot indigo wabash from winter 2012 (there’s a black wabash version too). They were originally issued in grained stripe wabash and a grained black random stripe the previous year. I’m pretty sure they’re a bootleggers design but my records are sketchy for that period

Here’s a couple of sharper images:

2F8B5C86-348C-4E76-BCEE-EDEDA930943A.jpeg

41169890-E32C-4B8B-B022-E4092C5D9BA7.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

@Flash It was an era of clothing they hadn’t covered - a couple of the pieces are really nice but in the main I don’t associate the label with FW and I doubt it’ll feature much in my collection. I think if I was buying technical wear I’d stick to my mountain gear and steer away from pretend-y streetwear

Ok, you’ve had fair warning. I’m unemployed, I’m locked in the house and I’m getting bored so I’m going to bore the tits of you lot too.

I’ve concocted a mini-studio from old cloth and clothes pegs, an unsafe lighting rig and I’ve got myself a tailor’s dummy (original Stockman dontcha know -_-) and since I always carry out my threats I’m going to photograph all my gear -  hopefully in a photographically consistent manner ... but if not then it’ll because of your monitor/screen calibration or you’re just looking at it wrong :rolleyes:

I’ve only got Freewheelers stuff - and for that reason it’s getting dumped here so as not to frighten the locals away from other threads. Initially I thought this would be better as a blog but who the f-ck would want to read my ramblings on ‘best of’, ‘better than’ or God forbid a FW t-shirt top ten?

This is number 1 of something north of 300 - and I might need to repeat it as I refine my, ahem, studio technique.

FREEWHEELERS - SANDLOT BASEBALL SHIRT ‘ROSWELL ARMY AIR FIELD’

E2C7AE16-E414-4278-B7B3-7BB38185F686.jpeg

@Duke Mantee Sorry to hear about the unemployment. Questions: When did you get into FW, why originally, and why is it the only brand you have? You're single handedly starting a new SuFu trend; there didn't seem to be that many fellas that had much FW stuff, or knew much about them.  You're pics and gear have always been excellent. 

@Iron Horse Thanks Bryan - it’s just something that I’m sure everyone has faced at some point

@mpukas Again, thanks for the sentiment, but really I’m not overly concerned. Shit happens - I’ve now got more time for other stuff ... unfortunately for you guys :laugh:

I guess I’ve been ‘formally’ collecting  (I call it a collection but I wear it all) FW for about 6 or 7 years but I’ve been buying the brand for a lot longer. I’ve owned all sorts of labels over the years - Mister Freedom, SC, Warehouse, SDA - you name it I’ve sampled it; but all of those had some issue that irked me (e.g MF shirts are weirdly sized), only FW for no apparent reason never ‘annoyed’ me.

The build quality is generally excellent, although not wildly different from many of the other popular brands, but the patterning I find to be a lot better.

They also make a wide variety of styles and garments, so it became easy for me to wear whatever I thought was appropriate for the circumstances - the suits are lovely so that’s my formal wear, the denim is top notch so that’s my casual wear and then there’s everything in between. I wear FW every day - everything except underwear ... but they haven’t started making that yet.

I think that might be the biggest problem for anyone interested - too much choice, and maybe too ‘costume-y’ (made up - but all words are made up, right?) - I don’t think that’s the case but we make our choices. Plus way too many folk take this shit far too seriously and maybe FW never really got enough street cred or whatever it might’ve took.

Anyway, it’s what I like, what I do and I’m happy to share and even help if that’s necessary. But in no way am I an influencer - you should all be adult enough to make your own minds up :tongue:

Edited by Duke Mantee

oh yes, duke's collection in all it's glory! sorry to hear about your unemployment 

perhaps its best to organize these pictures in a thread of its own so it does not get dispersed over the other FW ramblings?

I'm already on ice for awhile as EMS does not ship to Belgium anymore since beginning April. No idea when services will be resumed so it'll be great checking other peoples wardobe