Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

The piece of outerwear from FW I coveted the most this past winter was the burnt orange "flight deck crew coat". That thing is over the top in all the ways. Good thing it's sold out in my size pretty much everywhere...

For shits and giggles, plenty of good pics here: https://www.thewildone.jp/item/freewheelers_ultimate-flightdeckcrewcoat-darkorange/

@Duke Mantee I consider the Red Wood still the best version of this jacket. The Millerain fabric and flannel lining make it sublime but I missed out on release and never got around to find a decent used one.  The lack of hand warmer pockets is indeed something I miss but I can manage without.

@JDelage that coat is a monster; I'm sure it beats many fashion down jackets in terms of warmth. I'd get it also but already picked up the Lakester jacket for this winter.

11 hours ago, edmond said:

Need all if possible front and back

waistbamd aligned buddy big style 

One wash 33x32 from HoosierI gave them a hot wash and 20-30 minutes in the dryer and these are the measurements currently. 

Front rise: 12.5”

Back rise: 16.5”

Waist: 16.5”

Thigh at crotch: 12.5”

Knee: 9.75”

Leg opening: 8.75”

Inseam: 32.25”

45 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

I knocked back that coat after pre-ordering (my first time doing that) - it’s waaay too warm and heavy to be worn much in our climate ... notwithstanding Maynard’s idea of the Scottish summer

I used to own a 'made in the good old US of A' Woolrich Arctic Parka and even that was far too hot to wear, even up north. Perfect for what it was designed for... stood still for long periods of time in sub-zero temperatures but as soon as you start walking you have to unzip to let the heat out (counterproductive if it's snowing hard) not only that but it took up 25% of our coat cupboard space, just not worth keeping for those few situations/yr when it was considered slightly necessary.

@JDelage - no store should charge you consumption tax. I’ve discussed this with quite a few of the FW merchants - many of whom were completely unaware of this. Some do it knowingly though ... greedy bar stewards :angry2:

Hoosier will do the best thing for you in all areas of tax - consumption, import, etc.

18 hours ago, JDelage said:

Any FW merchant in Japan which removes taxes for int'l orders?

Well, looks like McFly doesn't charge sales tax on int'l orders, so good for them.

@JDelage it’s been a while since I’ve ordered from them - what’s their attitude to declaring full value etc?

I seem to recall Klamp don’t charge consumption tax on international orders either. Genco did charge, then reduced it from the then 8% to an arbitrary 4% (he said because it still costs more to process internationally) but I don’t know if he finally dropped it entirely.

Seiichiro (Hoosier owner) usually responds very quickly if you message him on Instagram or LiNE, and a little bit slower by email. His English is excellent and he’s supernaturally helpful. Also, I’m in constant communication with him so if I can help ...

I should add - but I think a few of you already know - I do not and will not promote FW in any way. I realise that just because I like something doesn’t mean you should, so if someone asks for a piece of factual info - they’ll get it; if someone asks for my opinion - they’ll get it dispassionately ... and I hope everybody knows the difference :wink:

How stretchy are Freewheelers? I’m looking at a pair of 601xx in a size 36 but it is one wash and this has reduced it to an eye watering 35, which is making me hesitate...I am a “healthy” 36.

I’d like to say they’re as stretchy as Stretch Armstrong sentenced to quartering ... but in truth they’ll stretch about the usual you’d expect from any denim around that weight but you mention shrinkage - one wash 601XX shouldn’t shrink at all

Edited by Duke Mantee

@Duke Mantee thanks. My usual experience is that all my denim has stretched back out to prewash size. So I’m hoping it’s the same for these. I had a look at size 38 but it just balloons massively in waist and thighs. I think I’ll try my luck with a 36, you wouldn’t know where I could find prewash measurements for the said denim would you? Thanks in advance.