Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

10 minutes ago, Broark said:

You got some inside scoop on the new collection?

I heard back from Seiichiro on the 46's and they are a Desolation Row exclusive.
I'll probably never hear back about them, but that's okay. Money saved!

Maybe :ph34r2:

Seiichiro would get them from DR is you wanted them - that’s not a problem

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Interested to see some more info on the new collection, where are you guys seeing this? Insider information? :ph34r:

You’ll get snippets on IG and some blogs. Also if you have a good relationship with dealers they might share some info. There’s also the very direct source if they know you and trust you (trust is a big deal here since there’s been leaks - and some dealers got themselves into bother too)

This has been the Summer/Fall collection - which is actually just a filler collection - that’s been hinted at in the last few posts so it’ll be a good few weeks (months)  before we see them although  ‘46s are available now - other items from the Spring Collection items will be spread out through next month and May.

Edited by Duke Mantee

Heard back on the 46’s and they’re sold out of 36. They suggested that they have a size 38, but I think that would be too loose. Oh well, I’ll stick with my 43’s and put some wear into those.

No worries, I only have the 43’s but I haven’t put much wear into them yet. Having them on yesterday made me realize how much I like the cut and denim, so I’ll start wearing them more regularly. I wanted to try out the 47 denim and I liked the flannel pocket bags but it’s no huge loss that I missed them.

12 hours ago, cmr_reed said:

So I hadn't really looked at Freewheelers before making this purchase, kinda made it on a whim.  What makes Freewheelers such a great brand?

They reinvent vintage clothing, they pay attention to details, they pay attention to fabrics, they pay attention to patterns and they passionately invest a lot of time and effort.

I think that makes them as good and as bad as Warehouse or Ooe or CSF or pretty much any of the other Japanese brands popular here.

They have invested a quite bit in their pattern makers and their method of converting the patterns into factory products is a bit old-fashioned (and I think better for it) but generally they follow the same route as their peers.

For some products they share the same factories with other brands and they share the same suppliers for a lot of materials.

Sometimes they create pieces that really shine, unique or perhaps elevated in some other way, and sometimes they produce items that make you wonder what was in their heads.

I’ve been collecting FW (and Bootleggers) clothes for a while and I can’t make an argument to demonstrate they are better - I can’t be bothered with ‘laser straight’ stitching claim or beautiful leather assertions given what I’ve just said - but I can say I’ve never been disappointed and almost nearly always delighted with my purchases.