Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Anyone got any experience with FW type 2s?  Looking at the measurements of the size 44, pit to pit is 60cm but shoulders are 54cm. The shoulder measurement seems high - often a 60cm pit to pit has about a 50 shoulder measurement. Wondered how the fit plays out on them.

Ha ha yes still on no buy matey! Your conscience is valued! Just a bit of window shopping exploring less long type 2 options :). The others are sitting patiently in the closet awaiting their turn at weekends and evenings!! It’s actually quite useful the FW’s shoulders seem a bit roomy as a 51 FW tux is appealing again.

We got a bit of an overall problem though haven’t we.  The pushers show their beautifully faded  jeans - Iron Horse and Double O on the previous page for example - thereby tempting the users!!! This no buy cold turkey will be a challenge...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:14 AM, Iron Horse said:

The 661ZXX, AFAIK; before that it was the 1951 601XX.

Of the top of my head, it goes, from straightest to slimmest:

1947 -> 1943 -> 1951 -> 661ZXX

The top block of the 661ZXX is quite a bit roomier than the 51’s - in fact it’s got more ass real estate than the 47’s or 43’s too. The leg is a good deal slimmer though.

10 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

The top block of the 661ZXX is quite a bit roomier than the 51’s - in fact it’s got more ass real estate than the 47’s or 43’s too. The leg is a good deal slimmer though.

Nice to see you over here mate 

20 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

A real carrot fit then with the real asstate to match. :tongue:

On 2/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, MJF9 said:

Anyone got any experience with FW type 2s?  Looking at the measurements of the size 44, pit to pit is 60cm but shoulders are 54cm. The shoulder measurement seems high - often a 60cm pit to pit has about a 50 shoulder measurement. Wondered how the fit plays out on them.

The 507XX is a bit more exaggerated than the 506XX as it should be but not as scalloped as you are suggesting. I wouldn’t suggest it’s a replica Type II (FW call it a 1951 Model ferchrissakes) but it’s more accurate than most re pocket positions and body length IMO - although the newer version has been inexplicably lengthened :huh:.  As regards sizing, I bought my usual FW jacket size (40) and it feels good.

Couple of pics below to compare the Type I and Type II

71B5853C-7DE1-4C4E-A39E-159B3AC70876.jpeg

B9DE135B-F5A2-4B04-8451-3E65A021E14E.jpeg

@edmond - Genco is pretty good with measurements IMO - always been consistent with my findings. Hooosier isn’t ‘online’ as such but will provide you very specific information (measurements, pictures etc) on request.

That’s too general a question to answer - some shirts are designed to shrink, others not. Even then it might still depend on how long/how hot your dryer plans are.

• 2 weeks later...