Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

On 8/29/2018 at 5:59 AM, MJF9 said:

So... I went with the 1951 model in the end and they arrived today... an efficient service from Mirror Ball and thanks to @Iron Horse @Flash for their above help...

Initially pleased with them - lovely denim, weight, colour and dimensions are as expected.

However the rear (ass) seems to have surplus denim causing puckering... I suspect this would be an ongoing feature and would annoy me.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had this with the 51? Did it go away with wear?

Also is this rear puckering a feature of the 43 model? 

Need to decide whether to keep / return / swap (I'm presuming Mirror Ball allow returns).

Thanks in advance!!

Thats just the freewheeler's silhouette

Most repro cuts are going to have some form of diaper butt. 

Some give diapers butt

some give wedgie butt

lee jeans have the pockets so far off to the side since they’re made for those who ride horse back and don’t want to sit on their wallet. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2018 at 1:23 AM, superheavent said:

Hi Guys, i want to buy a pair of 601XX jeans but there are couple types of their jeans on the internet with little info and details... 

Can anyone help giving me more details with of all 601XX series, their cut and fabric? Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks a lot in advance :D

The ‘47 is the widest and has the darkest denim, the 43 is a touch slimmer and lighter-colored, the 51 is the slimmest with the lightest denim. 

The 43 is the WW2 model and doesn’t have the yellow enamel-coated buttons and has green HBT pocket bags.

Of the three, the 43 cut is my favorite. :)

15 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

The ‘47 is the widest and has the darkest denim, the 43 is a touch slimmer and lighter-colored, the 51 is the slimmest with the lightest denim. 

The 43 is the WW2 model and doesn’t have the yellow enamel-coated buttons and has green HBT pocket bags.

Thanks a lot Iron horse! :D

Well, i guess i’ll go for either 43 or 51 , i’ll need to check their size chart first.

10 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Really?  I mean the color all looks. The same

13 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Very useful. Do they tapper the same?

On 11/2/2018 at 12:45 AM, JDelage said:

Very useful. Do they tapper the same?

The 51 is more tapered than the 47 and 43.

Speedway has measurements:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/speedway-shop/item/1412002/?l-id=rgm_item_en_recommend_widget

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/speedway-shop/item/1412003-s/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/speedway-shop/item/1412003-s/

The 43 is listed as having the same thigh and knee width, but FW blog claims it’s slimmer. My w33 43 definitely feels a bit slimmer than the w32 47s I had.

Edited by Iron Horse

I was searching for a pair of the 1939 a couple years ago. I still would love a pair. I contacted a few shops, I think hoosier had one pair left not in my size. FW said they don't have any left and don't plan to make any more.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Super quick shipping from Speedway, lovely jeans! Will try to get some fit pics later, might need a hem on these as they're really closer to a 34 inseam vs. the 32 label.
Nice straight leg fit, plenty of rise. These will be great with my engineer boots in the fall. And the rivets are as sharp as advertised.
M6hgZTr.jpg
ufo51If.jpg
B9azZdL.jpg
XyaV72i.jpg
t810JpS.jpg
rLQ9EQU.jpg
h4oiNcz.jpg
Ee2TRLJ.jpg
zjrI0P2.jpg
jWIG0TQ.jpg
8QWfC9S.jpg
vGbk3e4.jpg

23 hours ago, Broark said:

First day wearing the 43's and I feel like they're almost too baggy.  Front looks good, back (top block) looks really big.
LN87bmn.jpg

I like them mate. Will be good to see how they wear in. FW are on my list (again) now!

they look great, and to me it proves my suspicion that most of your stuff is perhaps one size too small (for my taste at least). this look is already more balanced than many of your other fit pics in my eyes, an xxl in the chambray would be the icing on the cake. sorry for the unprovoked opinion! :D