Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

they shrunk quite a bit with the first wash so id say tts would be the best advise 

was a toss up between the ooe and these for me as well , the 2 pairs of ooe's i have are both 02 cut and i wouldn't mind trying the 01 at some point in the future 

they shrunk quite a bit with the first wash so id say tts would be the best advise 

was a toss up between the ooe and these for me as well , the 2 pairs of ooe's i have are both 02 cut and i wouldn't mind trying the 01 at some point in the future 

Yeap, I was also deciding on Ooe 01 or 02 cut. But seeing the jeans pictures decided on Ooe 01 being I want to try a different cut. Seems like this '47 cut from FW looks good too. Haha, going to be broke soon. :(

• 2 months later...

Selling a BNWT Freewheelers sweat.Bought from Desolation Row when I was in Tokyo, was advised one full size in shrink when washed, but hardly shrunk at all on a full cycle. Lovely top, great texture in the weave. Gutted it doesn't fit. 

link to grailed 

https://www.grailed.com/listings/717077-Freewheelers-Freewheelers-Power-wear

Will do the best deal I can on shipping 

Edited by Geeman

• 2 months later...

finally got the 1951 on hand.

sorry for the poor lighting, hk just never stop raining these days

22caca31ac.jpg

the fabric is very special than the others i've got!!!

2310b72351.jpg

23399a3ca4.jpg

and the fit (the denim is almost true in color)

23395a24f2.jpg

Edited by poonsc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Got my first shirt from Freewheelers, the Neal Cassidy chambray.
Great shirt and great price, should fit even better after it shrinks a little bit.
Colors are a bit wonky in some of the photos, but the color is most accurate in the fit pic I think.

QXcSfcN.jpg

02x5aYw.jpg

g5dEz7l.jpg

H2aEFSq.jpg

ZPNJfYE.jpg

beysSvQ.jpg

ZnhMRyH.jpg

Here's some post wash measurements Ed.

Chest: 24 in.
Shoulder: 19 in.
Length: 31 in.
Sleeves: 26.5 in.

So the shrinkage estimates on the Mirror Ball website are pretty much spot on.
Shirt shrunk up nicely and fits pretty well now, I'll try to get a fit pic soon.

• 4 months later...

amazing fit! that proper "stovepipe" look is so elusive and i think you pull it off perfectly with those.

i have some 1951s also and love them. the fabric is excellent, as are all the details—particularly the rounded/spherical button backs on the fly. looking forward to seeing you wear yours in!

Thanks! stovepipe comment made me laugh

and yea when i was doing the buttons, the rounded button backs were a fun discovery. Not so sure on the lemon colour coated buttons to stop rusting, but that's the only minor gripe.

• 1 month later...
On 11 June 2017 at 6:45 PM, Niro said:

Lately i've developed a liking for soft 'vintagey' feel denim and also wearing straighter cuts with trainers in warmer weather. Thus I have been thinking about getting the 1951s for a few months now to wear in the summer, but decided against due to price and not being completely sure on the fit.

Anyway saw this hardly worn pair on the IH forum for £100, so couldn't resist. The waist measurement was about 1-2cm off in my opinion, but it's nothing a belt wouldn't solve so it's fine. Need to re-hem them also.

IMG_20170610_161758.jpg
IMG_20170610_161847.jpg

IMG_20170610_161207.jpg
IMG_20170610_161247.jpg

am really liking that fit and associated 'stove piping'!

a really nice silhouette - I think the mild oversize adds to the charm

did them get hemmed?

any fit pics of them now they are breaking in...?

4 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

am really liking that fit and associated 'stove piping'!

a really nice silhouette - I think the mild oversize adds to the charm

did them get hemmed?

any fit pics of them now they are breaking in...?

been lazy to get them hemmed, but I found I like the look of them with a slight pin roll. I will aim to get fitpic when I next wear them (whenever it stops raining)

Edited by Niro

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Sensuki said:

Because they're a once wash, I imagine it just depends on how the pair turned out after the wash.

True, it seems to be the luck of the draw as my pair isn't doing that; however, mine do seem to have a bit more wedgie in the butt than I'd like. Thankfully it's improving as I wear them and seems to have stretched and settled some. These photos are from before that, so cue Ed telling me they're too tight. :P

29114048_Unknown.JPG

29114080_Unknown.JPG

29114192_Unknown.JPG

29114400_Unknown.JPG

29114416_Unknown.JPG

29114288_Unknown.JPG

29114256_Unknown.JPG

29114240_Unknown.JPG

29114272_Unknown.JPG

29114304_Unknown.JPG