Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sort of unrelated question, but can anyone tell me why certain shirts and jackets have that diagonal button slot? I've seen a few brands use that, Rogue Territory comes to mind. Does it serve (or did it serve) a purpose other than decoration?

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up the Freewheelers N-1 from Hickorees (Specifically this one http://www.hickorees.com/brand/freewheelers/product/deck-jacket-dry-finish-cotton-duck) in size Large. From a visual perspective, it seems to fit fine, but there are few issues that make me think it might be too small, but may just be aspects of this jacket style that are desirable. I'm hoping somebody who owns this N-1, or any other (McCoys, MF, Stevenson, Buzz) for that matter, sees this and can offer some advice on whether it really is too small. I don't have pictures, because I feel like the issues I have won't show in pictures; The jacket actually looks very good.

1. My first issue is that I feel like i have limited mobility. the fabric is very stiff and the jacket fits slim, so I can't comfortably raise my arms above my head. Im not usually in a situation where I have to do so, but this seemed like a red flag that it may be too small. For example, my commuting bike has a relatively stretched out stance and I'm not sure it would be terribly comfortable in this position. It basically fits like a suit jacket fits, which looks good but doesn't offer the best mobility.

2. The jacket isn't short, but it's not as long I thought an N-1 would be. It fits me a bit like this one http://www.selfedge.com/jackets-vests?product_id=1175. The pocket placement feels very high and it feels awkward to put my hands in them.

Hopefully somebody can chime in and share how their own N-1 fits so I can know whether I'm being too anal and this is how this style is supposed to feel, or if it is too small. Thanks in advance.