Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

I hate ebay, but I think it will be my only avenue for getting any Bootleggers/Freewheelers. Diligence paid off with this very nice pair of black Wabash.

bootwabpatch.jpg

A couple of things worked in my favor. First the sellers description and pictures were, well, terrible. I only found them at all by roundabout accident. Second, they were listed as hemmed to 29". I took a flyer with a lowball bid, and noone bid against me. I figured the 29" was really too short, but with a probable high rise waist, I could maybe wear them low. I just really wanted some good wabash.

Thank you whoever hemmed these things, because they didn't hack them off, they just folded them in. Instead of 29", they are 32". Hooray!

bootwabback.jpg

Even enough length to stack or maybe have a small cuff, and they don't look to have been worn at all (no fade line at the hem).

I don't know what year they are from, they appear somewhat different in style to what is available now.

bootwabpockets.jpg

bootwabfly.jpg

I don't think there's quite enough length to make a buckleback from the trimmings though. Ah, well, can't have everything.

Get ahold of John Lofgren from Speedway Shop.

He has an ebay store. Try to get a hold of him through there.

speedway

He can special order Freewheelers stuff if needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Freewheeler's just doesn't get enough airtime here, especially considering how sweet their merchandise is. Same goes for John Lofgren, from whom I picked up this l/s tee.

Instant fan the moment I felt the material - the character of these is unreal. Eagerly anticipating the next collection.

DSC_0258-1-1.jpg

Back of the tee.

DSC_0262-1-1.jpg

Collar and shoulder stitching.

DSC_0260-1-1.jpg

Tee ends.

DSC_0261-1-1.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Upcoming Freewheelers 2012 Spring Permanent Products.

Ironall Jacket in "Original Express Stripe" (indigo hickory stripe)

Steam Donkey Overall in Olive Duck

Bakehead Work Shirts in grained purple chambray, grained green chambray, and indigo check (cotton/linen)

Deltablues shirt in brown x gray linen chambray

Lenny Bruce Hat in black wabash stripe

Edited by Snake

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to your fits pics.

The upcoming Freewheelers 2012 Spring collection looks very interesting. The theme is the "Logging Railroad workers in the Forest". Some highlights:

"Brakeman Jacket", indigo star wabash cloth (star instead of dot)

"Locomotive Fireman Shirt", pullover shirt in indigo hickory stripe & cotton/linen indigo check

"Locomotive Engineer Shirt", a railroad shirt in indigo star wabash & indigo coral stripe

"Baldwin vestâ€, 6 buttons, two chest pockets, two lower pockets, indigo coral stripe

“Deltablues shirtâ€in brown x gray chambray

“Lot 667â€, a type III levi’s jacket in bullhide suede

“Ironallsâ€, indigo x brown express stripe

http://brywb.at.webr...article_15.html

http://brywb.at.webr...article_17.html

http://brywb.at.webr...article_18.html

http://brywb.at.webr...article_19.html

Edited by Snake

thanks for the preview snake; can't wait to see what Freewheelers have up their sleeve this season

I've been lusting over their Mulholland leather jacket forever but the price is so extreme it brings tears to my eyes. my backup plan is to have Aero Leathe copy it or wait untill a size 36 pops up on yahoo auction

Gilangaditya; I love those jeans, really looking forward to the evo

I've been lusting over their Mulholland leather jacket forever but the price is so extreme it brings tears to my eyes. my backup plan is to have Aero Leathe copy it or wait untill a size 36 pops up on yahoo auction

Japanese horsehide is really something. Here is the close up of the Freewheelers' amber brown horsehide.

SSC_0908.jpg

Save up for one, you won't be disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked up this great piece at a local shop today. I've been bummed that I missed out on the brown Cushman pants Lofgren put out back when the S&P's came out and this totally makes up for it.

It has a one piece fly and your typical Japanese one-wash, but I'm happy with it.

DSCN4573.jpg

DSCN4580.jpg

DSCN4579.jpg

DSCN4581.jpg

DSCN4584.jpg