White's Horse Hide/Shell Cordovan group order

fre-co

hey k my man yes thats the same one we are talkign about here!

i dont wanna give out the name of the company up to you guys to say it.

but man this specific hh is somthing else

Buddy , prices are like this

Toe cap adds $35

Double mid sole adds $10

Roller buckle will be extra tbd

Nailed down adds $15

We won't make an engineer in anything but 9" or 11" unless we people are willing to pay $100 cutting fee.

Technically it would be cheaper but because the "V" gusset and strap slash holes don't allow it to be a be a simple cut, we would have to hand cut a whole new pattern.

The 8" flat head pattern is bought by flat head, which is worth around 4grand which was payed for by FH.

So base cost is this

Service boot $570

Engineer 9" $612

Less your 10%

brett viberg

Sent from my iPhone

You also need to tell people there is no welt, there is just a leather midsole. You can have a welt color, it would just be edge color, and then sole stitch color would be white or black($10)

Also to make strap longer is a charge of 10$, as it's hand cut.

I am thinking that most people wont be happy at all really with our stuff, as they basically want a vintage inspired engineer custom made with horse at a cheap price.

Julian's stuff is made very poorly in comparison,

Anyways. Keep me posted as to what you are thinking.

I will have to charge you full price for all leather options and just options in general. The basic base can have 10%

brett viberg

Sent from my iPhone

there are around 25 pairs of boots so sit tight im sorry if this is taking so long but as easy as it looks and shit we are not the only one this company is making boots for now they are fucking growing and orders are in a hundreds a day not like before

• 2 weeks later...

last night i had a dream.

it was shiny horsehide viberg service boot.

i was wearing them in september at early russian automn.

i was drinking vodka with my firends and my bear was happy.

my boots was great.

let's skip bear-vodka part, but maybe we can get any timing info from Bret?

would be nice, becuase we are waiting like half year already.

i'm fine to wait more, but would be super nice if we will know a date when we will get our invoices.

I thought this whole thing sounded a little shady when I called in Viberg a couple of times and specifically asked about the whole jp HH deal and they denied the possibility of the leather being available for the US market many times. I don't know, I hope this works out for you guys, I'm still looking forward to seeing some HH engineers!

seriously, I have been really looking forward to having this custom pair of HH engineer boots made. I hope this still goes forward...

okay I emailed Brett about the group order; this is his reply:

I emailed Edie the other day with a long email. I am working on the pricing and all of that now.

I have huge issues with the horse leather not being nice to work with, it's very very stiff, from Horween, least to use on the turned up toe(310 last) so we won't make it with that, the leather cant mold nice enough around the toe.

I have Japanese leather coming, as I can't use the Horween it's no good with the Japanese there should be black and brown, but I don't know how much to be exact. I ordered a fair bit, but they never supply what you need, its just the way they work, ask for 50 pieces you get 30.

If you post everyone to email Ed he knows everything what I've been saying. but maybe not posting most of it.

Also If any of you email us direct , other than me working with Ed no one else knows anything at all, so you'll be told something that probably they know nothing about.

So email me.

Thanks

brett viberg

I thought we were going to get Japanese HH from the beginning but apparently its from Horween?

here's more info, straight from the source

I was going to use Horween. It's actually the same thing, but the quality didnt turn out to be good enough.

The Japanese is hard to get meaning hard to work with.

It's easier to get shell cordovan than it is to get the horse butt hides.

Problem I told Edie is that the prices of some of which you ordered double mid sole Leather lining, this and that will add to the cost.

And then people wanted 8" or 10" engineer. We only make 9" or 11" the flat head pattern they bought for like 6,000$ so I cant use it.

I priced some out nearing 750-800 cause they wanted leather lining etc which isn't need at all.

Then lots wanted a copy of the buco boot or Julian mister freedom, which we can't do as we make them with our own style. Also people wanted naile down engineer. If I do this, which is easy , you guys will all complain of them being stiff, meaning they will never bend, we have loggers who won't wear them for this same reason. It's the real deal boot and unless you worn a nailed down or standard screw down, nothing comes close.

Thanks

last mail i sent to Brett I suggested he should mail us quotes first because I assume some people might want to change their specs since it seems the price might be higher than expected (because of the options) but he has not replied yet