White's Horse Hide/Shell Cordovan group order

fre-co

The main attractions for me, in addition to his obvious quality, are a choice of boot, leather and especially, made to measure service. I would not be interested in a group buy without the made to measure part of his offer.

edit - But I think we're spinning our wheels like in all group buys. Let's see if we can generate enough interest, say , at a max price range and approach Julian with our numbers. If he is amenable to a discount, we can negotiate the details then.

i just need to hear an estimated price range; then I can decide whether im in or not; dont need cordovan (because even more expensive) but horsehide is preferred (and what this group buy was all about in the first place?)

ok we can do 550 for a calf julian if we do 10 pairs group buy man i cant wait for this!

What about some front quarter horsehide leather?

I would have to go with a cordovan pair, if given the choice of calf or cordovan, although, if we can't make the cut on cordovan i would roll with calf as well.

ok we can do 550 for a calf julian if we do 10 pairs group buy man i cant wait for this!

Also, if we get this rolling. I live in the LA area so I can do some of the leg work, unless someone else in LA would like to do it.

I am thinking something like this:

IMG_2368-1.jpg

or something like this:

IMG_2547-1.jpg

If it was cordovan, I would like to push for a #8 color. Probably the easiest for him to come by.

oh, that's great news!

imo it should be HH or cordovan, but not calf (the point of this action is hh/cordovan, we can order calf from whites- np, and HH/cordovan is very rare, so it's a great oportunity to build hh/cord boots)

2nd one posted by rnr looks great, well both looks great!

Also, 705 half sole would be nice for more durability.

I am not positive, but I think he has cat's paws as an option, but in general a nice sleek half sole would be great. In regards to the soles. I don't want a big bulky sole. the posted pics are what I would prefer.

HH/Cordo would be great, but if I can get some calfs by Julian for a deal, that would be nice as well. I don't think FGHH should be much more than the calfs, maybe like $50 to $100. #8 is preferable or a brown would be cool too, but I am not into black right now.

i prefer cap toes over the plain ones. hopefully there would be an option to order either. i'm not too hopeful on the cordovan, but it's be nice if that pushes forward__ otherwise, HH is quite fine__ push comes to shove calf is aight [if price is right]. i'm for lower profile sole+heels, as well.

btw, i got a friend who'd most likely go along, too.

$800 is fine for me. Would be about my ceiling as is about £500. Here's hoping one of you chaps can get creative on the customs forms...

Horsehide or Cordovan my preference. As is a plain toe. Rnrswitch's first first picture looks close to perfect for me. Definitely not black though.

A pair of cordo workboots from Julian at a price cheaper than what those wolverines are going for would be great.

i was thinking of somehing liek this

but maybe 8 inch high

img2412s.jpg

I don't really want anything too high. I like the lower models. Like the first one I posted on the last page, but maybe with a cap.

What color shell does he have?