Denim Shopping info Japan. Stores and More

beatle

I didn't go last time in Tokyo, but Mushmans is on my radar, despite being out of the way. 

Smart Clothing is a nice shop with nice staff, have probably mentioned that a few times already. Attractions store is down the way in Jingumae.

Is M'arijuan still open?

Moto® has a nice shop in Aoyama, and TCB makes some of their clothing as far as I know. That's not even mentioning their great boots.

At Last Co. is supposedly not far away from there either. 

Ueno in Tokyo 

If anyone reading this thread is like me, i tend to travel with people, friends, GF, family, etc. Japan was no different. 

If you are with someone who has no real passion for denim (blasphemy i know) then going to Ueno in Tokyo is a great spot to go with those people. Hinoya and Americaya have shops almost beside eachother along with tonnes of other market style shops throughout the area. 

My GF and I had a blast there, around 2pm a bunch of businessmen just sort of appeared at the bars around Ueno and we ended up staying most of the afternoon drinking and having a great time with some random Japanese men who seemed to be blowing off work. 

All in I'd say Ueno is great for anyone in Tokyo who doesn't really have the time for a full on denim experience or who needs to drag unwilling parties around to shops 

Yeah, going with the GF meant I only got one good day of shopping in the Harajuku/Shibuya area.

If only we could organize some kind of guys-only stag denim trip to Tokyo...

thats one hell of an idea 

Yeah, going with the GF meant I only got one good day of shopping in the Harajuku/Shibuya area.

If only we could organize some kind of guys-only stag denim trip to Tokyo...

I'm in.

• 5 weeks later...

How about next summer? That would be enough time I think, and tickets should be cheaper after the sakura rush, but something like June would also be pre-typhoon season. It looks like ANA tickets for next June are going for a good price.

Edit: I'll make a new thread for this!

Edited by Iron Horse

• 1 month later...

There's a fancy version of Hinoya in Osaka. Village in Osaka has a good selection of stuff (Full Count, SDA, Sugarcane, Buzz, Toys McCoy, Fob Factory, Barns, etc.) Have heard good things about the shop McFly in Osaka, too.

Edited by Iron Horse

• 3 weeks later...

You know it seems like the difference isn't as great as it used to be. Maybe because im looking at a current exchange rate and stock bought from SE for instance that's older?

Yeah I think that is the case. I am taking another trip to Japan next month and everything is going to be about 20% more expensive now. Miss that 125 yen to the dollar when I got when I went last year. Glad I booked a bunch of hotels back in February. 

^Yeah It kind of sucks haha. I was looking into flights again (I need to stop... but it's so cheap!) and then checking the exchange rate and it's gone up quite a bit. When I went last April a 7-day rail pass was 235 (well I purchased in January and by April it went up to like 245ish). It's now 275 haha.