Parkas

Interested in this AllSaints parka but their quality is a bit questionable . . .

plus, it's UK online store only.

please advise . . .

seen an allsaints parka in store, not sure if it was that one in particular, the one i tried on seemed coated. runs fairly long in the sleeves, at least for me, being 5'5. seemed pretty quality, but was 300.

the manitoba in that pic looks nothing like irl.

its much puffier and ridiculously warm.

i highly recommend.

What I'm afraid of is that it'll be too warm for me. It's my first winter in Minnesota, and I've heard that it's usually in the 20s over here (not accounting for wind chill and other factors). Is a Manitoba going to be too heavy for me, or will it be good?

Anyone living in a similar environment have experience with this? e.g. New York City, Detroit, etc.

What I'm afraid of is that it'll be too warm for me. It's my first winter in Minnesota, and I've heard that it's usually in the 20s over here (not accounting for wind chill and other factors). Is a Manitoba going to be too heavy for me, or will it be good?

Anyone living in a similar environment have experience with this? e.g. New York City, Detroit, etc.

I live in Montreal and just sold my expedition parka (pretty much the thickest, warmest model) to a fellow member in Saskatchewan. It was warm enough for me to wear a light sweater under the parka in negative 20C kind of weather with constant wind chill. Most Canada Goose jackets fit big imo, it would be better if you can get measurements for the parkas you are looking for.

I live in Montreal and just sold my expedition parka (pretty much the thickest, warmest model) to a fellow member in Saskatchewan. It was warm enough for me to wear a light sweater under the parka in negative 20C kind of weather with constant wind chill. Most Canada Goose jackets fit big imo, it would be better if you can get measurements for the parkas you are looking for.

If I purchase, I plan on buying from Context. Their measurements are usually pretty accurate, so I think I'll be safe.

My concern isn't whether or not CG jackets are warm: I understand that they are really warm. It's whether or not they will be TOO warm in an environment like the Minnesota winter. :o

If I purchase, I plan on buying from Context. Their measurements are usually pretty accurate, so I think I'll be safe.

My concern isn't whether or not CG jackets are warm: I understand that they are really warm. It's whether or not they will be TOO warm in an environment like the Minnesota winter. :o

it's all relative to

1. how cold you personally get

2. how much you want to wear underneath

i could walk around in toronto winter wearing a t-shirt under a goose.. anything more and i'd start sweating. if u wear a lot of knits and stuff i'd say it's too warm but if you don't really layer then go for it

hoosac1.jpg

ordered this from the website like a week ago and just got an email today saying the warehouse is out of stock..okay.

so i need a heavy winter jacket. any suggestions in the $200-500 range online

or if you know where i can get a penfield hoosac online hook it up.

Crescent Down Works for South Willard. I put it on today in 55º weather and I was instantly hot. It's going to be awesome when temperature goes sub-zero.

I'll never understand the concept of a spring/summer parka. Once the weather gets over 50 it's called a windbreaker/rain shell. That RG cotton one doesn't even offer any weather protection. Don't just throw some epaulets and a fishtail on a long hoodie and charge me "outerwear" prices.

Please shut the fuck up.

I'm getting one done from a friend who graduated from Fashion School.

I'm fond of parkas and fish tails all together - so this is the inspiration boards I gave him. A short Filipino just can't get a right fitting one haha.

tumblr_lbj1osvHKc1qajev7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lbj1n1NYQd1qajev7o1_500.jpg

Can anyone comment on the quality and practicality of the Alpha Industries N3B? Seems like a better constructed, and far cheaper alternative to this seasons Supreme one to me.

Can anyone comment on the quality and practicality of the Alpha Industries N3B? Seems like a better constructed, and far cheaper alternative to this seasons Supreme one to me.

alpha industries used to make some of supreme's jackets

im not a preme head so im sure someone more educated in that field will be glad to answer your question in the supreme thread but the alpha industries jackets are generally pretty good. i think jap got the "super slim" versions too