...wow...i want 'em!

The bandanna thing is a little out of hand here in San Francisco, I bet it is really bad in LA. At least all the scremo rockers moved on from the perfectly ironed bandanna in the back pocket look (which used to be a gay calling card.) IMO those jeans would look great with some destroyed Chucks and a destroyed rock shirt.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

^ actually, I saw that today, a nicely ironed and folded black bandanna carefully arranged to hang just so out of the left rear pocket of some blue-overdyed black skinny levis. I can't really remember what else he was wearing, but scremo rocker sounds about right. I was tempted to ask the wearer what the significance of black bandanna in left rear pocket was, but didn't care to engage him in conversation that much.

Does anyone know? There were very specific meanings for certain colors and pockets once upon a time...

ask a cassowary

Edited by tangerine on May 6, 2006 at 10:50 PM

Edited by tangerine on May 6, 2006 at 10:50 PM

Agreed with serge de nimes.

wtf is up with bandana around the neck in San Fran? Serves no function-- it's way too small to cover your neck for the blistering wind days; it too small also to keep your warm. Only thing is "style" but my personal general feeling is that just for style type fashion is just that, not very functional and a waste of time. See e.g., those leather bands that guys wear but that's not a watch and only there for style.

The only time i think bandana is appropriate for anything for your head is if you're skiing or snowboarding and you tuck it underneath your goggles-- then, it actually saves your face from wind and sunburn.

I went to some underground hip hop hipster party the other week and about 30-40% of guys there were flossing that. While it's not that mainstream just yet, at that rate, i think it'll be over before it even starts at urban outfitters.

Edited by Sauce on May 6, 2006 at 11:19 PM

Quote:

The bandanna thing is a little out of hand here in San Francisco, I bet it is really bad in LA. At least all the scremo rockers moved on from the perfectly ironed bandanna in the back pocket look (which used to be a gay calling card.) IMO those jeans would look great with some destroyed Chucks and a destroyed rock shirt.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on May 6, 2006 10:02 PM

http://www.gaycityusa.com/HANKYCODES.htm

i hate you milkman dan.

the crazy thing in sf is that people are walking around the mission wearing blue or red bandanas around their neck. are they crazy or do they just not care that people actually DO get shot for wearing gang colors in this neighborhood. i've been living in the mission for a while, there are actual reports from time to time of people get shot at for wearing a certain color.

why would you want to increase your chances of catching a bullet in the face?

www.turfsm.com Turf Shoes

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on May 6, 2006 10:02 PM

http://www.gaycityusa.com/HANKYCODES.htm

--- Original message by djork on May 7, 2006 07:56 PM

WHITE w/MULTICOLOR Dots is the hotness

Shit, are you serious...I have carried a bandanna or hanky in my back pocket for 20 years to wipe my glasses and sweat, I never knew I might be attracting the wrong kind of attention! (wrong for me that is) "not that there is anything wrong with that". I guess it has to do with geography because most of the guys I work with carry one too and there is no mistaking their orientation (outwardly speaking). I will continue to carry my bandana regardless ( I have never ironed them as this would defeat the purpose of its absorbant quality. I guess I am doomed to be tragically unhip (might be a good username for me).

man, i keep sending the wrong signals, as usual.

i fear not being shot in the face for being mistaken for a gangbanger, i hardly look the part. where i live, stray bullets are to be feared----these dudes can't aim well, apparently.

as far as the gay bandana code, i was unaware. being mistakenly gangbanged, well, i can run pretty good and i can whistle using an acorn cap that i keep in my pocket. it is funny, i picked up the bandana cue from a gay friend of mine. now i can decode!!! bwouhahahaha!

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.