Neutral Jeans

LFC4ever

• 1 month later...

I´m eyeing a pair, but can´t figure out the measurements since I do not understand a word of japanese :wacko:

Can I translate the chart?

I´ve been looking at their denim for quite a while but never got around to actually purchase a pair.

They seem really good though!

yes you can translate the site. just copy the adress in google translate. you still have to use your brain though as some words are mixed or shifted. but with a good sense of how a pair of jeans looks like, you can manage to find your size :)

this is what google translate gives you for a size 34.

W34

Watari 32cm width 20cm / bottom width 85cm / Inseam 28cm / Rise 86cm / waist

the measurements are "one-wash". You need a size 36 anyways I guess?

I say go or it!

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

^b_F: I just did a translation and I´m eyeing the: Neutral NJ-201 A. Seems to be 16oz denim. Or these: Vintage Model 366.

I´d like a slimmer tapered jean, so these are the two looking to fit that description.

Looking at the pics these seem very good! How is the construction on these? Anyone have worn a pair for a while?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ed,

I bought directly from Neutral via proxy when BF first mentioned them in the Unknown Japanese Brand thread. Not wearing them yet so I have not soak them but here are the raw measurements (BIG method)

Size:32

waist: 17.25"

front rise: 12.5"

rear rise: 16.75"

upper thigh: 14.5" (this is not a typo, it is this wide)

knee: 10 5/8"

leg opening: 10"

inseam:37.25"

They will sell direct - I bought thru proxy also - but the owner doesn't speak English and got confused by the translation engine so his sister was emailing me as a kind of go between. That was a while ago and I haven't worn mine much but they're nice jeans.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On Monday I received my pair of Neutral Jeans 366XX. I soaked them directly on Monday evening and they turned the water deep blue. I never had a pair bleed that much indigo from pure soaking. I think I said that about many of my latest puchases but this pair is by now the most bleeding one I own. It’s the first pair to actually “smurf†my legs :D

Exhibit A!

9150796602_ebc4ac6311_z.jpg

The denim comes in at pre-soak weight of 13oz, made of unbleached Zimbabwe cotton. It is hairy but has very short hairs all over and some little bumps here and there. The most interesting aspect of the denim is its distinct purple hue (similar to my Denime 502).

I will post some close-ups and fit pics later today or at the weekend :)

Oh wait, I've got some pre-soak measurements as well. Post-soak I didn't really measure them but wore them...

full pre-soak measurements on a size 34

waist: 34,5

fr: 12

br: 15,5

thigh: 13,25

knee: 9,625

leg opening: 8,375

inseam: 36

oh and a quick post soak fit I already did

9142838171_e6e02b198a_z.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK