GYAKUSOU : undercover lab + nike

^ great shorts, took me a while to track them down was after them for a while too

just a tip: i have them in an XL, i sized up like all my gyak but for some reason these seem to fit tts, or maybe that's how the fit's supposed to be, almost look like a drop crotch, lol

however i live in them, i don't run in them anymore, but prefer to wear them casually now anyway

good luck in finding them, always some floating around on fleabay but haven't seen too many smaller than an XL though

They are an anomaly. I have I think 5 or 6 pairs of GIRA shorts and those are the only ones sized TTS. Incidentally I wore those shorts with those same tights this morning to run - I still haven't gotten tired on them. Oh and I finally found the new gloves. So it has been a good day.

i have these in a large, too (expecting them to be medium). if anyone has them and a medium and wants to trade let me know!

I destroyed my SS13 5" shorts after one summer of running. WHAT THE FUCK/

goddamn made in japan shit quality + goddamn thighs = nike/mikey fail

That sucks. I have found my gear has stood up well - especially considering I wash it after every wear. I haven't had to retire anything as of yet. The only hole I have gotten is in some tights due to wiping out on rocks or a trail - and that hasn't even spread with subsequent washes. 

i got the black heather tights from this season from mr porter and the stitching on the back pocket broke off the zipper after one run (not even stitching really, more like an adhesive). they refunded me and i reordered them from another store but i'm hoping it's just a defect in that one pair and not a sign of the quality for this season.

that's the third pair of gyakusou tights i've owned and i've never had it happen before with years of use

Edited by amplifierworship

sorry meant size up, not down  :huh:

I've got 2 pairs sized up in both and they're fine, not tight but not too loose on the ankles, I think if they were tighter it would be an issue with zipper rubbing. Depends how loose they are on you though i guess?

nike-gyakusou-fw2011-8.jpg

Imo they should just get rid of the zippers on any running tights. The benefits when putting them on or taking them off are marginal, and they just never seem to sit just right. If they're too loose the zipper moves and the stiff material at the end of the leg bunches weirdly (as in the above pic), if they're too tight the zipper head rubs/presses against the ankle. That's why I still kind of prefer my 5+ years-old Underarmour tights over the newer ones I have. Also, if there's no zipper you can adjust the length a bit by folding the end up.  

Edited by digitalmountain

i could see the newer tights being loose around the ankles for some people maybe because they don't have a zipper or a strap at the bottom like the old ones.

but i'm with you on the zippers not being that great. especially if you've got hairy legs like me. it feels like i'm waxing my calves every time i zip those things. it sucks.

• 2 months later...