GYAKUSOU : undercover lab + nike

i think the basics are great but not so sure about the jackets are worth it compared to other brands with perhaps better matrials and such.
So Gira is not for high performance sports. only light running.

There is no problem with the materials - they are on par and better than other brands. You need to consider what conditions you are likely to run in and buy accordingly. I have pieces from each of the collections which can cover me for running in any weather year round (in various combinations) and I haven't had any problems.

The main difference between Gira and other brands (and what you are paying for) is the design. You have a popular designer (who happens to also be a runner) putting his creative abilities to making the kind of clothes that he as a runner wants to wear - taking into consideration functionality and also aesthetics - something often lacking in general runner wear. Whether you consider those things worth it is your own call.

Right, aesthetically there is no comparison, but would a professional runner ever train in gira..? Probably not. After having only worn a few pieces (bottoms specifically) and done proper leg swings/biomechanic work/etc. and then light running, functionality presented an issue for me personally. It's also hard to fathom trashing expensive running clothes on a biweekly basis. To each his own. but by no means am I knocking the clothing or the brand itself. it's an incredible collaboration.

I don't think that they are marketing towards professional runners - but avid runners, yes. I run on average three times a week and wash the clothes after each run and they have held up just fine.

And by functionality I am referring to things like pockets for keys, banking cards, money, etc which for some reason are often left out of running wear. I have had Nike shirts/shorts/tights without a single usable pocket for carrying any of these items.

just got the cap (onesize) and dri-fit tank (size S) from tres bien, both in midnight fog / grey sage.

would really love to keep them but i liked the identical team red versions better with earlier gyakusou stuff i owned.

will send both back to tres bien unless anyone wants them, $135 shipped CONUS (cap + tank, bnwt not even tried on, both as pictured here)

Edited by kwoyeu

the jacket i had last season had netting inside but this convertible one doesnt. was very easy to wash, and i enjoyed running in it. look good n carry credit cards n stuff.

I've got the same problem with the tights... The ride up in the back of my knee but it doesn't bother me too much. Got the jacket and I am still looking for something underneath it. Winter long sleeve is too warm and a vest too cold.

Any suggestions??

Another thing that bugs me was that they put out 2 pairs of 2 models in shoes but both of them are neutral runners where as 60% of runners pronate in some form.

Strange...

Another thing that bugs me was that they put out 2 pairs of 2 models in shoes but both of them are neutral runners where as 60% of runners pronate in some form.

Strange...

If you scroll up, somebody posted where to get the nike zoom structure 15 in plenty of sizes.

Also what size are your tights? I got sz large and I am 5'7, 31 waist, 143 lbs. Kinda wondering if i should have gotten a medium.

steviecuhz: in what way are your tights too large? the length or the waist?

actually, large fits nicely for my build. It's snug without being too tight. The waist is perfect. The length might be a little too long because when fully stretched, the rectangle box that is suppose to be behind the knees isn't properly centered. I'm 5'7 so fairly short.

Again my biggest gripe would be that they ride up and scrunch up behind my knee during my runs. But ow that Aso2004 mentioned it, it probably has to due w/ my calves as they are larger than avg for my build.

So I'd recommend the large tights to somebody with a 32 waist and maybe 5'7-5'10 with normal calves.