official break up thread

dismalfuture

ex hit me up and asked me if i been talking to other girls. We've been broken up for years but i admit it dragged on and i should have cut this shit a long time ago. I usually tell her no cause i didn't want to get into some shit with her but this time i said fuck it and told her about the girl I've been talking to. now my ex won't stop hitting me up and sending me old pictures of us. the fuck?

ex hit me up and asked me if i been talking to other girls. We've been broken up for years but i admit it dragged on and i should have cut this shit a long time ago. I usually tell her no cause i didn't want to get into some shit with her but this time i said fuck it and told her about the girl I've been talking to. now my ex won't stop hitting me up and sending me old pictures of us. the fuck?

oh come on you already know what everyone is going to say.

Posted · Hidden by wood 666, May 6, 2012 - doh
Hidden by wood 666, May 6, 2012 - doh

i secretly miss my ex. at some point she still wanted to see me, but she's been with a ton of dudes since we broke up so nah, i ain't touching that. wish she hadn't done that, because i really miss her sometimes. i'm such a sucker.

its been a year now omg

Shit sucks. Found out recently that ex is just sort of "casually" dating/hooking up with some dude (also known as fucking and occasionally copping dinners). Fucking disgusting. I honestly think I would prefer her to just start bringing ppl home from the bar and becoming a total slut. Or even to fall madly in love with somebody and start a committed relationship. She stays really busy so her rationale is that she doesn't want anything serious, but for some reason her just being a fuck buddy for some schmo is reeeallllyyyy bothering me.

Edited by yachtrock89

i secretly miss my ex. at some point she still wanted to see me, but she's been with a ton of dudes since we broke up so nah, i ain't touching that. wish she hadn't done that, because i really miss her sometimes. i'm such a sucker.

its been a year now omg

there's no std's in her armpits so go for it dude. lick that shit like old times.

Shit sucks. Found out recently that ex is just sort of "casually" dating/hooking up with some dude (also known as fucking and occasionally copping dinners). Fucking disgusting. I honestly think I would prefer her to just start bringing ppl home from the bar and becoming a total slut. Or even to fall madly in love with somebody and start a committed relationship. She stays really busy so her rationale is that she doesn't want anything serious, but for some reason her just being a fuck buddy for some schmo is reeeallllyyyy bothering me.

why you mad though?

it doesn't matter who broke up, you guys aren't together anymore so she moved on and started to casually date around

there's absolutely nothing wrong with that

you should actually do the same du

meeting new girls and getting your dick wet in the process will help you forget about her

Edited by boy better know

• 1 month later...

i've only had one girlfriend in my life and broke up with her over her drug use last summer or so

she was 20 at the time and was working at american apparel so she would always hang out with her hipster coworkers and that eventually led her to doing ketamine regularly, she eventually got fired and was not doing much in life except  drinking and doing drugs until 9am almost everyday

one of my high school friends took me under his wing at the time and we went on a week-long drinking binge to numb the pain (it worked)

i have known her since she was 17, she was sort of my dream girl but she turned out to be pretty fucked up, i don't miss her but i do miss the silly and fun relationship we had when we had just started seeing each other

we're on semi-bad terms, last time i heard of her was on christmas and she was seeing a 36 year old janitor

lesson learned: all women are crazy, find the crazyness you can deal with

dating a 36yr old janitor at 20 is some next level (crazy) shit - you're prob better off.

side-note: i always read stories about crazy aa staff, but i must work at one of the 'boring' ones - none of us do drugs (maybe a few smoke weed sometimes), and i don't even drink.

seems irrational to be drawing conclusions so soon

IMHO

i'll vouch for him that although maybe not all "crazy", the female sex does tend to make poor choices when it comes to men. It's not necessarily their fault, but perhaps society's fault for bringing them to that point.

what really fucked with me is that a few days after I tried getting back together like two weeks after the fact, she called me weak on her blog. I couldn't believe it because it meant she either forgot I read her tumblr, or intended for me to see that. I got her christmas present from something she mentioned on there, I used to casually mention that I read it every now and then. seeing her say that only a day after I'd opened myself up completely to her, sitting on the edge of her bed half drunk and stoned and almost near tears seeing her lying there looking more beautiful than I'd ever seen her telling me she wanted to be friends, it killed me. as more time goes by I realize more and more that I'd been putting it all off since the beginning, ignoring all the shitty things she would do because I liked her so much I told myself I was willing to look past all of it. I knew she'd been hurt really bad by someone or something in the past, I could see it in her eyes when she was drunk or about to fall asleep, a glazed look that scared me because she would almost turn into another person. I saw all of it and still decided to continue and I paid the price for becoming so emotionally attached to someone who was even more broken than me, someone who was capable of rationalizing her actions no matter the effect they had on other people. I also realize now that despite how good she was she didn't deserve me if she would say those things and feel that way, even with all the shit that happened, how can you say that about someone and then tell them to their face that you want to be friends. how do you spend almost every night for six months in my bed and then go on a cruise with like five dudes, most of whom I've never even met and the one I have I told her I didn't like, one of those weird dudes always making sexual jokes and shit. what kind of mental gymnastics do you have to do to do that and then sleep easy at night.

fuck I just had to get this off my chest, whenever I've talked about it with my friends I'm always like yea im fine but really this has been fucking with me for so long. I guess in a way she's right, I was being weak by not breaking it off when the warning signs were showing up. but I'd never met a girl I'd liked as much as her and in a way I just couldn't help myself.

^ this man, THIS. Bfan, you aren't on your own homie. I did pretty much the same thing, most guys do. Especially when you are so invested in someone. My ex and I went back and forth for a couple months, and as expected...it didn't make anything easier. I finally feel way better now that I've put it behind me. Don't give in to the friends bullshit, it only serves them and makes you an emotional backstop. Don't make anyone a priority that only makes you an option. After a couple weeks of beating myself up over it I jumped back in the water, met new girls, hooked up with randoms, made some really good friendships with girls (that I felt I couldn't do or wasn't allowed to while I was with her), and met a couple that show potential to be more (going out with one of them tonight), and all these things helped me to see the flaws in my ex that I didn't want to admit to and move on. Do I still feel for her? Yea, for sure. Does it eat at me still? Nope. If she came back and wanted to get back together would I give in? Nope. There's plenty of time ahead, and plenty of cool girls in the world to hang out with (Sufu wisdom).

what really fucked with me is that a few days after I tried getting back together like two weeks after the fact, she called me weak on her blog. I couldn't believe it because it meant she either forgot I read her tumblr, or intended for me to see that. I got her christmas present from something she mentioned on there, I used to casually mention that I read it every now and then. seeing her say that only a day after I'd opened myself up completely to her, sitting on the edge of her bed half drunk and stoned and almost near tears seeing her lying there looking more beautiful than I'd ever seen her telling me she wanted to be friends, it killed me. as more time goes by I realize more and more that I'd been putting it all off since the beginning, ignoring all the shitty things she would do because I liked her so much I told myself I was willing to look past all of it. I knew she'd been hurt really bad by someone or something in the past, I could see it in her eyes when she was drunk or about to fall asleep, a glazed look that scared me because she would almost turn into another person. I saw all of it and still decided to continue and I paid the price for becoming so emotionally attached to someone who was even more broken than me, someone who was capable of rationalizing her actions no matter the effect they had on other people. I also realize now that despite how good she was she didn't deserve me if she would say those things and feel that way, even with all the shit that happened, how can you say that about someone and then tell them to their face that you want to be friends. how do you spend almost every night for six months in my bed and then go on a cruise with like five dudes, most of whom I've never even met and the one I have I told her I didn't like, one of those weird dudes always making sexual jokes and shit. what kind of mental gymnastics do you have to do to do that and then sleep easy at night.

fuck I just had to get this off my chest, whenever I've talked about it with my friends I'm always like yea im fine but really this has been fucking with me for so long. I guess in a way she's right, I was being weak by not breaking it off when the warning signs were showing up. but I'd never met a girl I'd liked as much as her and in a way I just couldn't help myself.

bro…. what did you expect tho…. u can't let women get the upper hand like that, you need to stay strong and act like u ain't phased or these bitches will run wild with your emotions

i completely feel you bfan. my ex lady of 3 years started dating some du like two days after we split and fucked him like two weeks in. sucks because i still consider her a friend, and while we can still talk and kick it (chillin with her on monday), it does suck to know that and how it seems like she doesn't give a shit

i'm pretty young and she was my first real long-term relationship, but i just try to see it as a learning experience. i'm trying to live life how phyziks said it. i loved being in a relationship, but it just doesn't work if both people don't feel the same. i felt like a bitch because i knew my ex was feeling dude but i was still trying to save the relationship, now it's just fuck it. you'll be alright bruh just keep ya head up

• 1 month later...

I'm losing my girl of 6years and 9 months to distance and money. It hurts and I still love her but she cant say the same.

We talked about a family.

Tell me its not true. Say you'll love me again.