official break up thread

dismalfuture

Almost 3 years to the day, and she says she's not feeling it any more. I seriously thought this was going to be it. Whoop.

She wants to remain "best" friends. On the phone she makes it seem like she is looking forward to seeing me when she's in town (about once a month), but each time I see her it's a letdown; she's cold and distant, and now she's started to avoid me.

Forget her.

Now it has finally happened, she broke up with me yesterday, pretty close to the 3 year mark

. I dont really understand why and the whole thing feels fucking awful right now. I really only want her to come back, but im afraid shes made up her mind. I try to thing about all the shitty times we´ve been through, but only thing that comes to mind are all the amazing stuff with her. fuck fuck fuck

For real.

My gf is just about to move out from our apartment to "stand on her own feet". I think the idea is to still be together and just get a fresh start and some perspective, but fuck if i really belive that. Been together around 3 years now,and at one time i really thought she was the one id spend my life with. Now i just feel tired and sad for all the time spent arguing. Seems like wasted life time... Im too old to get into these shitty 2-3 year relationships and then move on.

Just got dumped by my girlfriend of seven months... she said she'd rather be friends. I kind of sensed that it was coming, but it was still a pretty big shock for me. What the fuck does "just friends" mean? If she really wasn't happy in the relationship, I wish she would have been like "fuck you, we're done" or something like that instead of this wishy washy "just friends" bullshit. Now shit is just awkward and confusing :(

Just got dumped by my girlfriend of seven months... she said she'd rather be friends. I kind of sensed that it was coming, but it was still a pretty big shock for me. What the fuck does "just friends" mean? If she really wasn't happy in the relationship, I wish she would have been like "fuck you, we're done" or something like that instead of this wishy washy "just friends" bullshit. Now shit is just awkward and confusing :(

separate. I don't talk to my exes at all, never have, never will. Just tell her that you're either 100 percent or 0 percent, and if she's okay with not being your lover, then she can, in between you and her next cock, go fuck herself.

if your cadence is good it should sound like something billy shakespeare wrote.

good luck, dude. get back out there and start telling girls that you got a 1600 on your SATs what's up?(this works on asian girls in my age range)

^^^ wtf, i got 1550 and nobody was ever interested >:(

i even tried that with the MCAT.

also lol on the new 2600 sat, the 1600 is the new 1000.

haha my buddy actually used this line on some girls and got their numbers. It was...pretty amazing. He also looks like Cillian Murphy/Clint Eastwood so I'm guessing that had some effect.

She's so kind. She wants to be friends, still. I can't turn her down -- She changed my life. It hurts to be with her, but it hurts more to be absent from her. You get down on thinking you'll never find 'The one'? You feel horror when you find her, and she isn't for you. Except she is, but not like you want. Not in the way you can give all of yourself to. I love her more than I hate my pain and loneliness.

She'll call me, later.

now on my #foreveralone conceptz

NAS2b2mIJzE

ArdBI_F1LKo

xPd4Qp-Pdew

She wants to remain "best" friends. On the phone she makes it seem like she is looking forward to seeing me when she's in town (about once a month), but each time I see her it's a letdown; she's cold and distant, and now she's started to avoid me.

Forget her.

i was in the same situation this summer, cut her off, you'll be glad you did.

• 8 months later...

got dumped by my girlfriend of 3.5 yrs last week...still sinking not having her around and seeing her...

ended up writing a 5 page letter on my thoughts and feelings about her and I feel a bit better...will drop it off at her house on the weekend but I'm ok if I don't even get a response

trying to catch up with as many friends as possible in the meantime

there's nothing bitter in there, I haven't felt angry since we broke up...it just feels like a part of me is missing now...

I'm not the best as expressing my feelings verbally and I guess it was one of the reasons why she didn't think it would work out between us...

This doesn't seem like a "fuck you" letter, but a "here's everything I never said, that I'm saying now, so fall back in love with me"... letter.

I don't know how many people have to blatantly tell you not to drop this letter off... but DON'T DROP IT OFF.

Wait around a week, gather your thoughts as to make sure they aren't needy and stupid, then call her up for a cup of coffee to talk things over. There, you can calmly express your feelings in a reasonable manner, instead of thrusting a 5 pages of heart-broken ramblings that you wrote when you felt overly secure in your own house and thoughts.

or don't, w/e.

my girlfriend and i really just sealed the deal. funny thing is, i was doing so much work to try and get her back, and at the end of the day she just acted like a complete piece of shit about the whole thing. the most disappointing part is how much she appears to have sucked this whole time.

what a waste of time.