official break up thread

dismalfuture

this thread is serious shit

For real.

My gf is just about to move out from our apartment to "stand on her own feet". I think the idea is to still be together and just get a fresh start and some perspective, but fuck if i really belive that. Been together around 3 years now,and at one time i really thought she was the one id spend my life with. Now i just feel tired and sad for all the time spent arguing. Seems like wasted life time... Im too old to get into these shitty 2-3 year relationships and then move on.

Spent the weekend with another girl. Thought about everything, about love and how it's a pendulum hanging from the slow arc of death, how the thing that hurts me the most is how I lost so much myself that I had invested in someone else, and then I thought about what this girl told me. She said, "this girl might move on to some other guy, but do you really think he'll be better than you? You're gorgeous, smart, funny, charming, rich, and successful. She didn't deserve you in the first place".

I think she might be right. I think that I forgot to love myself first, and now I'm slowly finding reasons to do so again. Today I still feel like a broken record maybe, but at least I'm starting to really fucking hate this song.

I hope everyone else is doing well and getting through the rough patches. Much love for everyone in the thread.

i think it's shitty for people to say 'dude that was dumb you shouldn't have got tattoos of the names.'

if you haven't been in the same situation you can't presume you would have acted more rationally, nevermind with thought to girls you'd be hooking up with in the future, cause i'm sure that's the first thing on everybody's mind when they find out their significant other secretly had two abortions.

It might be kind of 'shitty', but still - even if in such a situation the critics would have acted just like him - it doesn't make it any less dumb (or any more dumb, for that matter). I'm not judging the tattoos, but saying "you can't say it's dumb cause you might end up doing the same thing if facing a similar situation" is kinda borderline dumb itself.

"you can't say it's dumb cause you might end up doing the same thing if facing a similar situation" is kinda borderline dumb itself.

...that's not what i'm saying. telling him getting a tattoo was a dumb reaction is like saying wounded soldiers who cry 'mommy' are bitches, and don't they know how dumb they will look when they're in saving private ryan??

i think fruit was trying to say something more along the lines of the act being "dumb" no matter the emotion or other factors that cause him to get the tat. a "dumb" act is a "dumb" act, even everyone in the world would react the same way.. (insert any other word for dumb.. e.g. dangerous, illogical, smart, wise, etc.)

fruit, if i'm wrong correct me, as i don't speak for you. and if i am wrong, then at least i added my two cents about what i took from your statement.

For weeks i had been super wishy-washy how to treat the semi crazy girl i dated this summer. Let her visit me in grad school? Stay close?

Had a very eye opening conversation with a close friend. I feel like i have finally snapped out of my delusion and come to terms with how bat shit crazy she is. To let her back into my life is to invite certain disaster. after the talk I immediately called her and put my foot down.

Best of luck to who ever she is fucking. you are in for the ride of your life ;)

feelin gooooood :cool:

i think it's shitty for people to say 'dude that was dumb you shouldn't have got tattoos of the names.'

if you haven't been in the same situation you can't presume you would have acted more rationally, nevermind with thought to girls you'd be hooking up with in the future, cause i'm sure that's the first thing on everybody's mind when they find out their significant other secretly had two abortions.

i think fruit was trying to say something more along the lines of the act being "dumb" no matter the emotion or other factors that cause him to get the tat. a "dumb" act is a "dumb" act, even everyone in the world would react the same way.. (insert any other word for dumb.. e.g. dangerous, illogical, smart, wise, etc.)

fruit, if i'm wrong correct me, as i don't speak for you. and if i am wrong, then at least i added my two cents about what i took from your statement.

For whatever reason, I did take a few moments to rethink my reasoning for getting the tattoo. I, once again, came to the conclusion that I did it for myself -- as with all of my other ink. To me, it's all personal meaning and regardless of the feedback I've received online and from real life friends alike (negative and positive), I still know I got it for myself. As much as everyone is welcome to their own opinion, the only one I'm really going to take seriously about that is my own.

That being said, I appreciate everyone's words and messages. Stay up. =)

Eh, update: we kinda fell into the long distance thing. It's just not over and we just can't conceive of seeing anyone else. Oh well. We ended up making plans to see each other during the year. Probably end up living with her once we both got our degrees, and you know, I'm completely happy with that thought.

I've been hanging out with solely women the past weeks trying to see if I wanna rebound, I just can't. I end up moving the conversation to love and how I'm in love and have you been in love, yes? no? tell me about that. Great conversation. My circle of friends right now are all women who have a slight thing for me, but I think are enamored with the idea of romance that I've been hawking, that consumes me at the moment.

Right now, I'm actively pursuing the writing fellowships my professors suggested for me so I could chase her to the UK. I mean I was gonna do it anyway, but now I'm doing it in the name of LOVE. Hahaha.

update

my "gf" moved out yesterday. we´re still together (taking a break) but in reality we´re not. Im drunk as fuck, and sure there are alot of pretty faces out there but fuck if i got the energy or motivation to approch anyone. i think ill just put in 12+ hours aday at work for the next couple of months instead.

so, where are the academicly inclined, beautfiful women (25+) with good taste?

the reminder:

when hell freezes over, the fury chills, solidifies, remains...although severely less prevalent, it remains. what encompasses a major part of the anger space is the sadness, the loneliness, and the blinking. for in the blinking, tears are suppressed, memories arise semi-second-like and are felt with a (w)hole heart.

it itches, my heart. it's an un-scratchable itch. while dreams are still as realistically no, as tactile as before, you appear less and less...oh but when you do...we repair or rather, you repair. it's like i can see you presently in dream as i still feel you presently in your departure...and it feels good yet it hurts as much as your inability to be what once was and could have been. friends tire of my lagging behind. the "get over" speeches impugn conversations often, but can anyone understand? do even i understand? in the mornings, my right leg twitches while sleep floats in that somnambulist state. it's when i think about things the most. it's when i feel the need to kiss you because we awoke in each others' arms. can anyone understand how cruel you taking away us was? how close we were to thanksgiving? is it logical to lament something so obviously over? no

...but when did logic factor into anything i did in seeing you that first day? you did in ceasing us? logic matters to me nary an iota. yesterday i had a car. you wanted me to get a car and i had a car, but had no you. as the wind's gale couple with torrential downpours it somehow conjurers up what i beg to suppress and what i long to eradicate: you. winter comes, winter's coming and i think of how we longed for the cold. i think of the time you grabbed me, held me to you and said "i need your warmth." what do you do on cold days now?

once the snow comes things may only worsen. winter was the time. winter was the time. as time elapses imma move on and get over. i know that. time does that. yet daylight savings won't save me from this hold october's got me gripped tight in.

i never dreamed you'd leave in winter/why couldn't you stay.

the reminder:

when hell freezes over, the fury chills, solidifies, remains...although severely less prevalent, it remains. what encompasses a major part of the anger space is the sadness, the loneliness, and the blinking. for in the blinking, tears are suppressed, memories arise semi-second-like and are felt with a (w)hole heart.

it itches, my heart. it's an un-scratchable itch. while dreams are still as realistically no, as tactile as before, you appear less and less...oh but when you do...we repair or rather, you repair. it's like i can see you presently in dream as i still feel you presently in your departure...and it feels good yet it hurts as much as your inability to be what once was and could have been. friends tire of my lagging behind. the "get over" speeches impugn conversations often, but can anyone understand? do even i understand? in the mornings, my right leg twitches while sleep floats in that somnambulist state. it's when i think about things the most. it's when i feel the need to kiss you because we awoke in each others' arms. can anyone understand how cruel you taking away us was? how close we were to thanksgiving? is it logical to lament something so obviously over? no

...but when did logic factor into anything i did in seeing you that first day? you did in ceasing us? logic matters to me nary an iota. yesterday i had a car. you wanted me to get a car and i had a car, but had no you. as the wind's gale couple with torrential downpours it somehow conjurers up what i beg to suppress and what i long to eradicate: you. winter comes, winter's coming and i think of how we longed for the cold. i think of the time you grabbed me, held me to you and said "i need your warmth." what do you do on cold days now?

once the snow comes things may only worsen. winter was the time. winter was the time. as time elapses imma move on and get over. i know that. time does that. yet daylight savings won't save me from this hold october's got me gripped tight in.

i never dreamed you'd leave in winter/why couldn't you stay.

beautiful, repped

I hesitate to use the words "girlfriend" and "break-up" but it still feels shitty. I broke it off after a month. it was long-distance, and i was just getting depressed over it.

I finally meet a cute, smart girl with a good sense of humor... FUCK.

met this girl in my dorm and i started talking to her

two weeks into it i find out she's sleeping with another guy and they took a road trip to sd together. :\ not really a breakup but feelin kinda shitty

so did she ever talk back to you or did you just keep talking to her for 2 weeks

met this girl in my dorm and i started talking to her

two weeks into it i find out she's sleeping with another guy and they took a road trip to sd together. :\ not really a breakup but feelin kinda shitty

yo raspberries, are you serious?

guy had the nerve to take yo girl after you were talking to her for 2 weeks? without your permission?!