official break up thread

dismalfuture

I will post an epic story or five in here soon, cuz my lady is gone now. I just noticed that you dus are tending to post in confessional and random thoughts and it deserved its own sector. The purpose of this thread is to restore our hope in (wo)mankind, despite the hardships.

Post your recent or not so recent break up stories, if you want to air it out.

Feeling some weight, but I've been drinking a little. Got some Aretha Franklin going on in the background, she helps with this kind of shit. Recommended.

Got a literal fucking mess on my hands so I've got clean that up, but 28 years old, been here and done all of it before, so just a time for cleaning up really.

got dumped after a 7+ year relationship couple months ago because she had major depression and didn't feel like she could love anyone including herself.

at first it was shit, now it's best thing ever. now we're fuck buddies.

but yeah just haven't been interested in anyone else even if they're hot. i can't can't be fucked with the whole inane ritual that consitutes a relationship. fuck that shit man, i just want bjs and pussy. and cuddling once in a while, i guess.

at first it was shit, now it's best thing ever. now we're fuck buddies.

I cannot see how you guys can be fuck buddies after a 7 year relationship.

If there was love, someone is or will suffer from this situation.

Good thread, break ups can really fuck people up at some intense degree sometimes. Major depression concept...

I almost walked on a 10-year relationship. After that amount of time, it sounds like some kind of rote barfly commiseration, but I honestly had one foot out the fucking door. She was working too much, drinking too much, and not letting me help her out of the spiral. It appalled me to watch it happen after 9 good years. I did hang in there (barely) and she got her shit together, mostly due to accepting another position away from the snake pit. Shit has stayed good.

I cannot see how you guys can be fuck buddies after a 7 year relationship.

If there was love, someone is or will suffer from this situation.

yeah our relationship is pretty strange, but we're also best friends that just happen to fuck sometimes just cos it feels good man. like we'd accepted that at this stage if we end up with other people it's ok but in the mean time sex is a good distraction until her mental state is settled with what she wants. like we're pretty open about it and can joke with other people about how i got "dumped".

no idea where this will end up but for now we're both happy where it's at.

7 years? insane man, literally a marriage. The rest of it sounds like something I'm used to, but yeah man, 7 years...

i know... and most of it was living together. basically spent formative years at uni growing up together as people which is why it sucks especially. can't imagine having to re-establish myself as a person to someone new, almost as bad as going through the "games" that are expected in a relationship.

anyway, i'm sure you know it sucks where it's at now but things can only get better, dis!

Think I told you about what was going on with me when we met up, but I'm still trying to get over my whole thing with the girl I was with since coming to Korea (over 2.5 years). It's an emotional roller coaster and it sucks balls, but when it comes down to it, that's what has to happen and then everything gets better. My offer is still up for you if you ever feel up for it Drew, I know some really fun people to hang out with working film here.

My GF and i broke up earlier this year because of distance and frankly, she didnt have time to have a relationship anymore. We were so good together, uve met her Drew at my party in korea. Still tore up about it but its been alot better. No longer do i have thoughts of her every waking moment. Sometimes i just miss the sex. Looking at where her life is now though, it was good that we broke up when we did on good terms instead of letting the relationship degrade over distance and fighting.

Stay chipper guys =)

what i say to myself whenever shit goes sour with a bittie:

"there are 3 billion women on this planet"

that being said, ill share a story. fall 2008 i met this girl (lets just call her isabelle). we actually met at a wine/cheese party my roommates and i threw at our new house off campus. we hooked up that night and started to hang out a lot after. we never had an explicit "youre my gf, im your bf" type of conversation, but i thought we didnt need one and that neither of us was fucking other people...at least i wasnt. we shared an amazing ~6 months together and then summer came. we both had very different plans, i spent a month in europe and was traveling around to music festivals/family vacations. isabelle was going back home to the east coast to work all summer. we left things on good terms and i tried to communicate with her long distance as best i could - i even invited her to spend a week at my family's summer place in michigan, which she declined (expensive/needed money/had a job she couldnt leave/ect). over this entire summer i kissed under 5 other girls and fucked 0 (though not from lack of opportunity, i activily tried not to fuck other girls because i cared about isabelle.) got back to boulder after the summer and i wanted to pick up where we had left things off - i cared about this girt a LOT. problem was things just seemed different and isabelle was acting strange. i knew almost immediately that she was dating someone else and i was devastated. i really liked this girl but when i saw how she was treating me i knew that i deserved better.

here's the straw that broke the camel's back: we went to a party together at my friend mike's and she disappears. i go looking for her because after a while all my friends are leaving, and im about to walk into my friend mike's room as my friend ben is leaving and he says to me something along the lines of "dont go in there, dont cock block." my curiosity got the better of me and i walked in to find isabelle sitting on this mike's bed smiling up at him and he's smiling at her...just the two of them. i say something like "yo mike, we're all leaving." and get the fuck out as fast as possible. to this day i dont know if they ever fucked or were just talking, but i realized that night that if isabelle was going to treat me with such disrespect and hurt me like that then i was better off without her. i deleted her number from my phone and quit smoking cig's for a month. havent looked back since, but i do think about her from time to time.

anyway,

"there are 3 billion women on this planet"

it also helps that ive fucked way hotter girls since isabelle :cool:

broke up with my gf of 9 months (which is longgg for me) around june i think. it was just an uphill battle most of the time so yeah, we ended it okay, said we'd "be friends".

now we see each other every now and then cos we have the same friends. she seems different than when we were going out before though. dont know what it is, shes hooked up with tonne of other guys and stuff and i dont mind. just actually a bit worried about her as a friend :(

its kinda hard to do soemthing as the "ex-bf".

I'm a real big pussy about life. I don't know why but I gave up smoking cigs and playing halo for 3 straight days after breaking up with my last girlfriend of 6 weeks. shit was heart-breaking.

for real though, girls scare me because they've got the power to break down even the mightiest of men.

It seems counter-intuitive that a few of you quit smoking/drugs/etc. after a break up. I went on a two week bender after my last break up.

it's a bit humorous to me too, but I can kind of see a few ways of thought on it..

- I'm so sad, I want to drown my sorrows in contraband

- I don't give a fuck so I'm going to get fucked up to show how much I don't give a fuck

- I don't give a fuck so I'm quitting _____ to show how much I don't care and that I don't need _____ to get myself over it

- meh, I just feel like quitting _____

- I'm sure I'm missing something else

Haha, how convenient. I just broke up with my girlfriend today.

We met at a writing workshop, our friendship throughout the semester was strictly platonic (she was not single), we had great conversation, became best of friends.

We hooked up 5 months ago near the end of class the day she broke up with her boyfriend of 5 years, the last year of the relationship did not need to exist, but she moved to New York for him and stuck it out.

We had the pretense of knowing she would leave New York on August 31 for her home in Missouri then leave for grad school in England on Oct 1 (her ex-boyfriend was against this idea, didn't accept it, they broke up for this reason, it was ugly, also she just wasn't attracted to him anymore).

We would just be best friends with benefits. If we were together every day, for most of each hour (we both weren't working, we could just lay and lay away), we would get tired of each other right? We would cherish the day we were rid of each other.

Wrong. We got closer and loved each other through most of the summer. We lived together. The day I was to drop her off (Aug 31st) we decided we weren't through and would extend our little summer romance just a bit more. I bought a ticket to her family's place in st louis, missouri.

I would be there on september 21. The weeks between after she left and the 21st were absolute murder for both of us.

But the 21st came. And she was there for me at the security checkpoint in St Louis. I got to her place. She didn't notify me that her family had worked themselves into a millionaire estate so the place was absolutely idyllic with her wonder grandparents, her beautiful mother and beautiful her, and the awesome awesome guard dogs. And now I understand how she was able to have such a ridiculous education throughout the world (bitch be quadriligual through immersion through living in different places, it's amazing).

They spoiled me, my stomach. I'm full for the rest of the semester.

So we absolutely continued to ruin other boys and girls for each other this past week, and thenshe dropped me off at the airport. She was crying, but it's okay. We're done for now, but we'll see each other soon. Just going to leave each other an opening.

She'll be better than that new slut I'll be fucking, she knows this. And she will be.

and I know when a Limbaugh courts hers that she'll say "he was nice, but she's not my Kid." (kid be what she calls me) At least I hope so. But her family and her dogs loved me, I grilled them all steaks for the family dinner I was subjected to. And I made them all fucking love me. I made her fucking love me.

But ya, we broke up -- although it's more of a pause and a raincheck. It's all a bit hyperromantic, but fuck it I'm romantic to a fault, but being a romantic has driven me thus far. She and I get more and more exponentially awesome with each season, when we get together again, even if we're not a romantic couple, even as best friends, academic colleagues, we'll be fucking awesome and blow shit up.

But anyhow I'm single again, and its amazing how many girls hit me up when class started before I was morally free to talk. Obnoxious actually, being taken is the easiest way to get laid in so many ways.

I was afraid I would need to rebound immediately, because I'm a lonelyphobe, I hate sleeping alone, and I'm just all around fucking horny and terrible to my girlfriends but damn I was a good boyfriend this time. Damn great even. I think I'll be fine. I'm not waiting for anything to come my way. I'm not against new prospects. But right now I'll be full for a while.

^^^where in saint louis? ladue?

Why the fuck did you quit smoking cig's for about a month...???
It seems counter-intuitive that a few of you quit smoking/drugs/etc. after a break up. I went on a two week bender after my last break up.

my mindset was basically: "if this bitch is stupid enough to not appreciate me, then im gonna show her what she's missing." i was angry at her and myself and i figured self improvement was the most healthy option. i worked out and quit smoking cigs for 3-4 weeks, i really wanted to be looking and feeling good as a kinda "fuck you, im better off without you and you never meant anything to me anyway" kinda thing...