PIKE BROTHERS Bundesländer Tour 2010-2011

Atzec

maxpower - hmmmm...wasn't there the possibility to just add a new thread to the coaster and leaving the old one from matt?...would have looked better imo!

Too late.

and actually there should be a direct connection from munich to hamburg and no connection from kassel to hamburg. the jeans didn´t travel that way....

Yeah, you're right. I'll try to fix it...

sany1816.jpg

Better?

Long time no see…My last weekend with the PB has broken. I went to the North Sea today and as you can see, you can’t see much. It was stormy and foggy, but I didn’t get lost in the ebb. It was very melancholic and morbid today. But what do you expect in January?

sany1844.jpg

Anybody knows Wacken? :mrgreen:

sany1848.jpg

sany1860.jpg

sany1862.jpg

sany1863.jpg

sany1934q.jpg

sany1935.jpg

sany1943.jpg

sany1848.jpg

Alright folks, this is it. My last post in this leg. I had plenty of fun and it feels a bit strange to send the jeans away (but a relieving thought to get them for a second round ;-)). I added a shell I found at the Baltic sea to our little souvenir pouch.

A big THANK YOU for all the nice comments over the last weeks, kudos to Matthias and Markus and Slainté! to the silent readers (Julia, Karen, Nico,…).

sany1764t.jpg

sany1766.jpg

sany1768v.jpg

sany1771.jpg

sany1775n.jpg

sany1780e.jpg

sany1785.jpg

sany1791.jpg

Just came back from work, and guess what I got in the mail: :-)

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

First impressions: Compared to my 21oz Sammies the Engineers are very, VERY soft, obviously. There is not much left to say about the denim that hasn´t been said by the experts that went before me – for a "normal" guy like me, those jeans make a great impression, and they feel very comfy. I´m going to post the first fitpics tomorrow, when I´ll be able to take some pics in daylight. I can say though that they do fit me alright, I had feared worse! ;-)

The Obbigood-Stuff is nice too, especially the patch/coaster is totally awesome! I´m just not sure whether the stitching will hold during the whole tour, but we´ll find out about that, too.

@ Flo: Thanks a lot for the cool card and the little surprise! ;-)

Again: more pics and information to follow by tomorrow afternoon at the latest!

All right, here we go: Fitpics!

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

I was hoping to be able to take some in daylight, but I had a pretty busy day at the university and picking up my son later on, so I didn´t have the chance for that. But there´ll be some good pics this weekend, promise! Tonight I´ll go to a Hardrock-Concert: Peter Pan Speedrock are performing in Kassel. Does anyone know them?

I´m planning to have the crotch-rip repaired tomorrow as well – I´m so bad at sewing, I´d only make things worse if I tried to to it myself, I guess…

New Updates!

So I went to this concert yesterday night – it was alright. The support-band kinda sucked, but the main act rocked the house. The audience was pretty small – about 150 people I guess. Anyway, here are the pics:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

No new pics of the engineers today, as they´re in the washing machine right now. I used the Dr. Bronner´s- soap that Max Power sent to me with the jeans.

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Took some measurements before the wash too, but I don´t have them handy right now. I´ll post them later together with the postwash-measurements.

So, here are the measurements you´ve all been waiting for… they´ve shrunken quite a bit in my opinion. Waist shrunk from 86 cm (34") to 82 cm (32,3") , and the inseam went from 87 cm (34,3") to 83 cm (32,7"). They fit much better now in my opinion, but I´m not the type for a baggy fit anyway, I think.

So, they were still a bit damp this morning, so I decided not to wear them during the day - I will tonight though. Anyway, here are the pics:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

See some fades now, Dr. House? ;-) Now for the fitpics:

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

I have to apologize for the back of my easy chair and the cables… My girlfriend took the pics, and I didn´t realize that stuff was on the pics until I saw the pics on my computer… :-D

Part II: Although I didn´t wear the Engineers since they were still damp, I took some pics of some market that I went to today, because I thought you might be interested… If you´re not, just skip this post ;-)

We went to the Markthalle in Kassel, which is a big house were one can buy great quality food and some handicrafts from several retailers on the weekend. Actually we wanted to have breakfast there, but it was so crowded that we couldn´t get a table.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Tonight we´re going to see some movie at the cinema, don´t know yet which one. The Engineers are dry now, so I can finally start wearing them properly… :-)