PIKE BROTHERS Bundesländer Tour 2010-2011

Atzec

Awesome stories already in those pants!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since a while, a special pair of jeans are on a long trip around Germany.

Now they have even just crossed the border to Switzerland.

A postman dropped of the following parcel just now at my door. It was sent from a nice lady, known here as Beatle. Let's check out, what's inside:

IMG_2091-red-neu.jpg

Wow, what a surprise:

Does this look like a pair of Pike Brothers jeans?????

IMG_2093-red.jpg

The first pair of Cherokee jeans (an US brand) have reached the Jeansmuseum!!

Thanks Beatle for this great donation!!!! I love you!!!

IMG_2096-red.jpg

IMG_2095-red.jpg

IMG_2098-red.jpg

IMG_2099-red.jpg

So let's dig deeper into the box and here we go:

IMG_2094-red.jpg

(you might wanna blur our the addresses on the package)

Done, thanks for this!

Some first updates:

Beside those two pairs of jeans the following stuff was inside the box (It was like opening a box on Christmas day):

IMG_2121-red.jpg

And of course the jeans:

IMG_2125-red.jpg

IMG_2126-red.jpg

First fit pics:

IMG_2104-red.jpg

IMG_2105-red.jpg

IMG_2107-red.jpg

IMG_2108-red.jpg

The first time in my life I'm wearing a wallet in my pants, but such a great beauty just have to be used!!!!

IMG_2110-red.jpg

IMG_2114-red.jpg

IMG_2117-red.jpg

Luckily I can use the first hole in the belt so there was no need to make an extra hole into it. I only wear belts when the pants are a little bit too big. And those are about 1-2 sizes too big for me. But that's just the way I like to wear all my jeans most. So I have enough room in them.

The pants are super soft. It has been decades since I'm wearing a fresh washed and non raw denim pants again now.

That's why they're feeling so unbelievable super soft to me, compared to my old Denime pants, who really started to get stiffer and stiffer again from very long and heavy use (Let's call it patina). They're just hitting 560 days of daily wear since February 22 2010

So let's put some activities in those Pike Brothers now. Tomorrow I'm heading to Berlin to the Vernisage "Fashion Talks" at the Kommunikationsmuseum

I'll add more pics in my Picasa album

https://picasaweb.google.com/116118427799433045500/PikebrotherJeansBundeslaenderTour

Thanks Beatle.

I'm just killing now some Swiss chocolate bars. I'm really hungry about such stuff all the time. Just crazy.

IMG_2132-red.jpg

Berlin is coming closer and closer, can't wait to check out this place!!!!

Would like to see you there

Thanks b_F

Let's say, without wearing a belt they would hang lower on me, so I'm happy about the fit too.

Sounds pissed, sry, but the jean looks pretty boring to me after all that wear.

It´s alive!

Seriously, maybe you should rock them harder while the next round?

I like them, nice vintage fading but I don´t want to repeat myself about the "boring" fading reasons ... :rolleyes:

I agree, those jeans are not a big deal concerning the fading. But considering after many rotations with many washings you can't expect more.

But I like the idea, that a pair of jeans are travelling around and collecting many different stories from all kind of people. This is fascinating.

I was able to buy the exact same pair of jeans 2 days ago at a little store here (on sale for Euro 80 or 100 Swiss Francs, because out of production now). So I can compare the evolution progress.

Anyway, the Pike Brothers jeans made their first miles on my bicycle tonight. Sorry about the poor quality. It was too dark already after a nice sunset

IMG_2133-red.jpg

Big hug to the chocolate man...

this... :) great to see an all around happy person gets to wear these.

and the pic with the chocolate bars and the bike just represent the real ruedi. always happy and on the go...looking forward to more :)

Sounds pissed, sry, but the jean looks pretty boring to me after all that wear.

sounds not new to me...

I think the jeans have gotten much more character than I remember or could judge from the pictures. Of course, the fading's less pronounced, but I wouldn't have expected much more regarding the wearing time and rotation mode. I think they have about 4-5 months wear with several washes now, as not everybody wore them 24/7. And to the peer group of PB, the colourfastness might be a quality indicator or desired aspect.

BTW, just received my PB belt, that I won by uploading a pic with me in these pants, so I have to be triple grateful (belt, shirt, jeans).

Thanks for the updates, ruedi!

Ruedi, where did you get them on sale? Might drop by there myself.

I never imagined that I would recognize a place on this forum that I passed every weekday for six years. That's close to Waidspital isn't it.