generic surplus sizing

futuretalk

Hi all,

would like to know some info on the sizing of these shoes. Heard(even stated on their website) that their shoes run half a size to a full size larger than stated. According to some customer service rep of some online sneaker retailer, the sizing is as follows: UK 7 = US 8 = 26cm , which is about the same as Nike shoes, half a size smaller than Adidas, and of course varies slightly according to model. Does this mean that if the shoe I purchase is US 8 on the label, I can expect it to be actually 8.5 or even 9(26.5/27cm)? Anyone here own any and can enlighten me on the subject? I'm interested in buying a pair of wharfs and wino and they don't look the thick lining/cushiony type so it's important that I know more or less how it fits. Thanks!

oh ya I can't get them in stores here where I live so I'm thinking of buying them online.

Hi all,

would like to know some info on the sizing of these shoes. Heard(even stated on their website) that their shoes run half a size to a full size larger than stated. According to some customer service rep of some online sneaker retailer, the sizing is as follows: UK 7 = US 8 = 26cm , which is about the same as Nike shoes, half a size smaller than Adidas, and of course varies slightly according to model. Does this mean that if the shoe I purchase is US 8 on the label, I can expect it to be actually 8.5 or even 9(26.5/27cm)? Anyone here own any and can enlighten me on the subject? I'm interested in buying a pair of wharfs and wino and they don't look the thick lining/cushiony type so it's important that I know more or less how it fits. Thanks!

oh ya I can't get them in stores here where I live so I'm thinking of buying them online.

thanks guys for the info. Hmm... this is gonna be hard. The site which I'm looking at, or for that matter most sites don't seem to offer half sizes. And the models I'm looking at, I can't find any other site that has it! Not even on GS' own online store. I'm typically US 8, do you guys reckon wearing it half a size larger is alright? Is the cushioning ample enough? I know for sure if it's like some typical sport sneaker i.e. Adidas/Nike it'll be alright. But this......damnit.