Dry Bones / DLewis

MikeN

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

don't think i've ever posted this shirt here. have had it and the blue ice cream version for more than a year. my daugther's fave shirts without a doubt. :)

btw apart from selfedge easiest way to get dry bones stuff is thru john lofgren at his speedway shop http://item.rakuten..../c/0000000103/. he'll hunt you stuff he hasn't already got too (did it for me with the ice cream shirt).

8523282688_0217b8ef94_z.jpg

photo courtesy of darahkubiru.com

Edited by oomslokop

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, they did get lighter and fade a lot quicker than I expected. I'm living in bangkok now will be here for about half a year and started wearing them here and I suspect its the heat thats making me sweat and thats speeding up the process. All in all I'd say the colour is quite accurate, when the sun is out it pretty much looks like that

assuming the guitar wolfs use exactly the same sushi-ear denim as the red-d, you could try washing your pair. my red-d always looks bluer/darker and feels better (thicker?) after a wash. see my pics above (i always take them right after a wash).

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_ml6trkRZu11qc65w1o1_500.jpg

not jeans but a shirt.

Dry Bones Sun-bleached Chambray Shirt

Tried a little project by leaving a black Dry Bones chambray shirt out in the open so that it will get the sun, rain and whatever the weather may bring.

8 months on and here is the result. It has faded from black to washed grey. Parts under the collar are still the original colour because of the non-exposure to the sun.

I'll post more updates when it hits the 1 year mark.

@bobblehead @maynard it should have the crotch rivet http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/s/?@0_mall/wendy/cabinet/drybones/dp39103.jpg

looks like the rivet had been taken out of this one and the fly-stitching (the single stitch that looks whiter & thicker) redone? in the pic i linked and on my red-d that stitching uses very thin yellow thread, almost invisible.

yea u guys are right. only thing i can think of is that my tailor mixed up some order when i sent these in for a hem :/ he didnt tell me that anything went wrong tho and i didnt notice anything different in the fit, maybe he realised his mistake before he cut off any fabric and sewed it back. also i put em away for a couple of months before committing to them so didnt notice. damn this sucks

• 2 weeks later...

i don't have any other slim jeans so can't compare, but it's true the thigh on my red-d, which is sized down 2 (33 true-->31 tagged) to get the right waist, is not even tight. looser than the thigh on a fh3001 tag size 32 i once tried on. i've got chicken legs though so that might've helped. the crotch after a few washes got pretty tight. the front rise is low (3 buttons). the waist is really big, on my size 31 the waist started out at 34. it did shrink with a very hot soak though the denim is sanforized to 33 and quickly stretched back out. crazy-long inseam (39) which you would want to hem unless you've got really long legs. in retrospect i should've jettisoned my anti-gordon "it's all about the waist fit" stance and gone for the safer "it's all about the crotch fit", size down 1 instead of 2 and just wear a belt. tricky to size in a way, but for many little parts that sum up to a beautiful whole i just love this jeans. the dark denim that reveals its tiny slubs at its own pace (very slowly), the subtle curved back yoke, the quirky patch (research the symbolism of hawks, eggplants and the fujiyama in japanese culture) that retains its colour so well, the crotch rivet that i secretly fondle under my desk at work, the way only one of the seams on the inside of the fly is taped with the same green canvas of the pocket bag (why not both?--intriguing), that green canvas pocket bag (so soft, can canvas be this soft?), the fully lined backpockets (with the same green canvas), the way those backpockets are angled, the missing peek-a-boo selvage on the coin pocket (for a change, though there IS selvage inside)--someone had fun making this jeans. shows you why people never get bored wearing and making the seemingly banal 5-pocketer.

The straight leg 560s appeal to me more (same denim and details, looser cut):

http://shop.dc4.de/Men/Jeans/Dry-Bones-DP-560-Straight::798.html

this is a game changer.  i didnt even know this model existed.  i tried on the red d at sela last year and loved the jean, hated the cut.  

this is a game changer.  i didnt even know this model existed.  i tried on the red d at sela last year and loved the jean, hated the cut.  

What didn't you like? I'm most likely going to head up to SELA in a few weeks to try 'em on.