Dry Bones / DLewis

MikeN

This was posted in the evolution thread.

Tried my best to capture the color (which is very dark). The creases have definitely set in but the fading not so much. The picture of the back pockets shows a little bit of fading. I know this doesn't amount to much of a post, but since theres such little exposure to the Red-D's, I thought I'd update as often as I can.

2549497065_cab2feaa8f.jpg

2549496799_ee82313f96.jpg

updates always welcome :) especially for how dead this thread is: P

is it just my pair? or does the right leg seem to twist.. my outseam always positions to the front of my leg..

I get a left leg twist all the time on my jeans, must be my body. These jeans break in very hard imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, these jeans are tough. I am 3+ months into these and I'm seeing little to no fading. I have stacks and honeycomb creasing, but VERY little blueing or fading. The only real color change is around the crotch (cock fade? *ugh*). I'm hoping that in 5 months when I can finally wash these fuckers, they maintain a lot of their color and don't wash out, as it seems they're pretty intense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just purchased a pair of 29 Red-D's from Self Edge.

I'm 5'7" 160 lbs., true waist of 32".

Opinions on fit? Should I hem or does this much stacking look fine?

Front:

redfrontjv4.jpg

Rear:

redbackjc8.jpg

Also, I know it says on SE's website that these are sanfordized and Kiya mentioned this in this thread but I noticed this tag on the jeans:

sizeur3.jpg

Can anyone who washed theirs tell me if the waist shrunk too much? Any experience with inseam shrinkage?

I'm guessing your pair had this tag as well? If so, that is a relief, sorry to hear yours were too large...

I don't know what I'm complaining about. they look fine, I just like my denimz tight.

oh, and yes I have that tag on the inside front pocket too.

x-posted from ISS..

Guitar Wolf Dry Bones

5 months, 3 soaks.

These look damn good..

n645537594_1059995_3772.jpg

x-posted from ISS..

Guitar Wolf Dry Bones

5 months, 3 soaks.

These look damn good..

n645537594_1059995_3772.jpg

Those are actually the exact same jeans as the Guitar Wolf posted above. This one was just taken with a DSLR and under direct sunlight. I think my friend also contrasted it a bit too. Not trying to take anything away from these because they are indeed beautiful.

Xpost from Evolution Thread:

Here are my Dry Bones Red-D

2 and 1/2 months

0 washes

0 soaks

Took some closer pictures to give you an idea of what the fading looks like. I wear these when I bike, so they get pretty good usage.

2705028254_e23e5371cb.jpg

2704205507_b81401ae07.jpg

2704206249_b99f233a58_o.jpg

Closeup of knee fading:

2705029426_333a1fa88f.jpg

What are all those red spots on the back of the jean?

I think he repaired the damages with red thread. Dude, it looks like your ass is bleeding through the jeans...

Red thread to repair the parts stitched together with golden thread?

Why the hell would somebody do that?

its red thread becasue i used a goldish color thread like the one on the lightning but i noticed it rips really quickly and i found this red thread in the sewing box thats suppose to be double strength because its thicker also it was the only color thread that was that type so i thought it would be a good idea to use that instead and its keeping together pretty good

I would definitely step to some more durable gold thread on the next repair