Robert Geller S/S 11 New York

ssheat

I love it. Maybe because it totally reminds me of Cloak, but the colors really do work together effortlessly. Can't wait to see in person.

Cosign. The more Geller puts out on his own, the more I'm certain that he was the essential creative force behind Cloak. Just look at what Plokhov is putting out these days.

I think reduxing old favorites along new styles is exactly what Geller had in mind, particularly since he recently became a father.

That said, all of the outerwear is on point and the proportions of the khaki pants/shorts are particularly thoughtful. Color palette felt a bit off putting at first, but I think that those creamy/pastel oranges and reds will be surprisingly suitable flourishes for otherwise somber/earth tone predominant closets. And besides, SS09 pieces that made it from runway to retail were generally released in much more muted palettes. Models wore a lot of aqua blue, but stores inclined to olive, mustard, gray gradients etc.

And who can possible deny the mustard bomber, let alone the trench?

my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mouko needs to do a post on how they go about styling for the shows. Would rock some of the looks head to toe and not feel bad about being lazy.

oh and i want that Ann Taylor trench Geller designed, leather collar so fresh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the aloha rag link you posted before says the first things will be up for sale in Jan. Feb for most other retailers I guess.

I can't decide between the Flight pants or Flight shorts. Can't have both.

• 2 weeks later...