Robert Geller S/S 11 New York

ssheat

a lot of it is the same s/s pieces he used the last two years. Only a few new things were added to the collection like the jumpsuit (?) and the v-neck jacket. Overall I like it, but prefered the colorways of past seasons. Well except the red made me scream "FUCK" out loud.

edit: I want close ups of those red shoes.

I'm glad I am on a completely different page than everybody else. The textures, fit, variety of colors, wearability of the pieces are all stellar. Though it doesn't seem cohesive at first, I think each piece does a good job complimenting the other in a majority of the outfits. Chances are people will be picking up individual pieces anyways so it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. I also like the CP collabo monk-strap style shoes. I probably wouldn't buy them, but I think they look good with the outfits.

agreed, very good collection but some of the colors have to fully settle in. The greens and tans especially. The collection is still pretty kick ass with those leathers, that stripped cardigan, and the pastels (love me some spring pastels).

Those circle pins and that pair of gradient gypsy pants are something I must get my hands on.

I love this collection. The khaki, bordeaux, army green, pink, mint, etc all blend together effortlessly. I like the nod to military styling, while keeping everything light. I personally couldn't pull of the CP shoes or the waxed cotton shorts, but they looked sweet in person.

Attended this show, music was fucking awesome. Overall I thought it was a really good collection, really wearable.

yea i like geller, but not this season, kind of a relief for my wallet though

Agree. I think that three of the looks (near the end) are passable as Geller but the rest looked like they could have been shown as anyone's collection.

The looks didn't feel cohesive and the individual pieces didn't feel strong enough on their own (except for the red leather jacket) to 'wow' me at any time :(

Perhaps the details will make up for it? I only saw 1 or 2 things that were "maybe's" and no "must haves" from the entire show.

• 3 weeks later...