Patrik Ervell S/S 11

minelee

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the fw 10 unstructured suits i handled in person felt cheap fabric and weight wise. i really wanted to check out last seaon's navy m-65 field jacket in person

i'm not a fan of all of the elastic banded cuffs/waistbands he uses on his jackets. reminds me of 90s starter jackets

eh? dunno if same same.

Check out the super duper hi-res pic.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5294/5431166814_b6289e3d90_o.jpg

I'm thinking Servo is right. Looks like a vintage sweater seeing that it's torn at the bottom center and all.

Regarding suits, I've had the linen canvas one from SS09, a flannel wool suit from FW09, and a cotton suit from SS10 and I have to say the one from FW09 was by far the best. It featured fused construction but the material and fit was awesome. The fabric definitely did not feel "cheap."

Oh, and the cut of the formal pants is so so good. Perfect fit for a trouser imo.

Stopped by Opening Ceremony in Los Angeles. They only had in sweaters and shirts so far it seemed and the unstructured blazers in a white color-flecked fabric that was really nice that I'd love to see one of the shirts in. The denim shirt has a nice fabric although I didn't try it on (XS were sold out) and there's a club collar in a sort of tan-almost-pink that's an awesome color if you like broadcloth / dress shirts (it's got a bit of a sheen to it that I personally don't like) which I tried on and the fit seems to have gotten slightly more relaxed since earlier seasons unfortuantely. The collar especially seems to have a wider opening so it doesn't quite work for me although again I was trying on an XS so your experience is going to depend on your build / what size you try on. The mock pleat pants feel really nice but again were sold out in my size so I couldn't try them on.

screenshot20110303at202.png

screenshot20110303at202.png

Hope with more shipments / buys coming in we'll see some new pieces popping up. A lot of overlap between what I've seen so far. Both these pieces look good to me - I'd love to see more of this season in person.

Bluespring, which barneys did you see stuff at? Was it mostly the same stuff at OC / Tres Bien Shop so far?

anyone try the formal pants? wondering how they are (fit/quality/sizing) before i make the purchase.

I had the same question. I really love the way they look on these giant stick bugs but for a 5'9 skinny guy I'm wondering if it's the right rise or if it's going to make my legs look short (I have to order them or drive a long distance to try them on).

Ok,

So I want to buy the ervell formal pants and I'm a little puzzled. On some people the fit seems to look more like this:

AAAADAPLIfEAAAAAAP14fg.jpg?v=1287810457000

and on others, it looks somewhat frumped:

PATR-MP4_V4.jpg

Is this a pant where, maybe because of the rise, it only looks good on the taller variety of ectomorph? Any have experience with the cut out there?

Ok,

So I want to buy the ervell formal pants and I'm a little puzzled. On some people the fit seems to look more like this:

AAAADAPLIfEAAAAAAP14fg.jpg?v=1287810457000

and on others, it looks somewhat frumped:

PATR-MP4_V4.jpg

Is this a pant where, maybe because of the rise, it only looks good on the taller variety of ectomorph? Any have experience with the cut out there?

Haha, I think they fit more like the former picture--or maybe a little less slim--if you're relatively normally sized.

God, I really hate that model on Forward.

Haha, I think they fit more like the former picture--or maybe a little less slim--if you're relatively normally sized.

God, I really hate that model on Forward.

I mean, i'm 5'9 but I would have to pair those pants with a completely different outfit and definitely different shoes. What is the deal with these online shops that display their products int he worst ways?