Patrik Ervell S/S 11

minelee

i'm not sure what the rules are for doing something like this but i didn't want to mess with the ss10 thread.

High-Res:

Part 1

Part 2

I like a lot of the individual pieces, but does anybody else feel like this collection wasn't as cohesive as the other ones?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, I would like to say that Patrik Ervell's stuff is great - his minimalist, modern aesthetic is so refreshing right now. This collection is good, there are some decent looks and pieces in there. There's just a couple of shortcomings. As minelee said, its not fully cohesive in color pallet and the transition of color, and definition of aesthetic. A couple of looks were just off in my opinion. The last look shown here looked strange being mixed in with all the other looks. It really didn't look very ervell. But besides that, the pink dye design/pattern on the blazer and club collar looks really interesting, and walking over the financial times was pretty badass.

this is just an ervell-ization of classic garments, there aren't any of the stylistic or production innovations that usually make his shows stand head and shoulders above the rest. i mean, i don't expect dude to put on something inspired every 6 months, this just looks more like a formality. maybe he's working on something big for fw11.

• 3 weeks later...

the individual pieces...

closer look here:

http://www.openingceremony.us/entry.asp?pid=1568

great use of animal materialz

lambs and horsies gonna wear em all

k1tlp5.jpg

lambskin hat (so dope)

11ln1on.jpg

braided horsehair

• 3 months later...

Holy of Holies, that floral print is calling my name, shouting it.

edit: no reason to post photo twice.

I would wear the shit out of that shirt. Black trousers, black wallabees or 1461s. Instant purchase as soon as that goes up.