Lanvin x H&M

canadafaf

On the 1st Lanvin confirmed that they would be working together with H&M on a line that will be released on the 23th of November.

They will preview the line on the 2nd of November.

Are you guys optimistic about this given the past failures H&M has endured with collaborations?

tumblr_l87akpwIwI1qcup94o1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1283653343&Signature=rbQo7v%2BD45DxZPu%2FdP10ympMnuo%3D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moved from superfashion random thoughts ...

what does that mean on a practical level? is ossendrijver going to ship a box of old sketches and leftovers from his last sample sale to a chinese production manager? elbaz gonna bump elbows and get sweaty with a bunch of interns at a french atelier and crank out 500 blazers by the end of november?

or is that whole process a mystery, in which case i can assume the worst and ignore the entire thing?

ehh...didnt like half of NYC line up for that J+ shit?
Probably, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't line up again for this.

Hey. HEY. It's +J. (5) And yeah, there was a pretty big line but a different crowd, kind of. With +J it's just tailored basics in slightly better fabrics, and it's a continuing seasonal collaboration.

With H&M collabs you have the same shit and insane ebay resellers. I'm too lazy to find the video of the CdG opening: insane rush in with some people fighting over shit. I remember reading about some SuFu head that went and said some azn resellers brought family so they could get around the buying limit.

If you're on a budget, +J is worth it. H&M collabs aren't. Ever.

H&M collabs are really bad.

While providing badly clothes (quality, design, etc wise), they're harming other (small) stores that sell (designers) clothes.

people will think they buy high fashinz stuff at HM but its just shit and it simply gives more power to HM (and more money to Lanvin).

There's a problems when more than the 3 / 4 of the "streetstyling" shots are people wearing HM and cheap stuff like that.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.lanvin.com/#/en/lanvin-today/lanvin-and-HM/sample-panic-attack

this is humiliating and sad

he is basically saying that whatever Lanvin charges thousands for can be reproduced at a fraction of the cost.

if this were true, then Lanvin simply sucks at making clothes because they need to charge $2000 for an item that could be produced for $50. if its not true, then he basically lying or can't tell the difference between a mediocre and high-quality product.

either way, my respect for Elbaz shrank immensly.

he is basically saying that whatever Lanvin charges thousands for can be reproduced at a fraction of the cost.

if this were true, then Lanvin simply sucks at making clothes because they need to charge $2000 for an item that could be produced for $50. if its not true, then he basically lying or can't tell the difference between a mediocre and high-quality product.

this is marketing/an advertisement, there's no way he actually believes those words that are coming out of his mouth

wow ... definitely humiliating. he must be getting paid an insane amount of money to basically shit on his own brand.

i always liked what Elbaz had to say from the few quotes of him that i read, and when i saw the first video for the h&m x lanvin collaboration i laughed at his statements, but this video is even worse. i really do not know what to say here.

didnt he say that they made samples for H&M? so what if they just used simple materials and easy enough to execute ideas, and were surprised that H&M managed to reproduce them so well on such a large scale?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...