Lanvin x H&M

canadafaf

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 320 shoppers will be broken up into 16 groups of 20, with each group receiving a different colored wristband. Then, when called by color, each group will get 15 minutes to shop the collection before open-to-the-public madness ensues.

There for the men's collection? You're in luck. No bracelets are required for men near the front of the line

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2010/11/18/how_to_survive_lanvin_x_hm_and_actually_make_it_out_with_a_dress.php

I'd love to challenge this on gender discrimination laws just to fuck with everyone (depending on the state it could work. not sure about NY.)

sup mrip you wanna go saturday morning?

if you didnt get my message on aim, im ready to fight off some cwgs with you

^You guys coming up to SF?

I'm going to buy menswear.

-____-

ill bring some 4loko

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2010/11/18/how_to_survive_lanvin_x_hm_and_actually_make_it_out_with_a_dress.php

I'd love to challenge this on gender discrimination laws just to fuck with everyone (depending on the state it could work. not sure about NY.)

so i thought that was only in effect for NYC locations, but apparently chicago is up to that too. oh well, pays to have a dick after all.

eh toronto had 3 locations.. some people camped out at yorkdale but bloor and eaton (which i went to) weren't as bad. sweatpants/blue metallics/sunglasses all went first.. then about a 5-10 minute window to get anything else in your size depending on how early in the line you were.

women's stuff was getting restocked constantly (im guessing cause of the wristbands).

eh toronto had 3 locations.. some people camped out at yorkdale but bloor and eaton (which i went to) weren't as bad. sweatpants/blue metallics/sunglasses all went first.. then about a 5-10 minute window to get anything else in your size depending on how early in the line you were.

women's stuff was getting restocked constantly (im guessing cause of the wristbands).

I heard people were at Eaton Centre since 8

Was busy today but will check out H&M by my house if anything is still there (doubt it)

Anybody have pictures of what they picked up?

I heard people were at Eaton Centre since 8

Was busy today but will check out H&M by my house if anything is still there (doubt it)

Anybody have pictures of what they picked up?

doors opened at 8am

unless u mean 8 the night before. there was one dude with a tent.. but it was definitely much easier to get what you wanted than cdg

oh ya if anyone wants to swap the black tux pants in 30 for a 32 lmk. i need to downsize

tbh the stuff turned out nicer than i expected.

the shirting fits relaxed with a nice shape and drape. i will get the sleeves tapered but am pleased with the overall fit.

the blue db overcoat is cut much nicer than the collection pics suggest. my size 34/xs fits true with some room to layer (as a coat should). the shoulders are spot on, and the waist suppression creates a very sharp silhouette when fully buttoned. the material is a substantial wool blend that will keep you warm.

the leopard print shirt is just lulz but i like it. will post up pics of everything later...

The shirts do have a relaxed fit as Pita Bread pointed out, at least the 15 3/4 dress shirts did, but i liked the design and quality.

I actually thought the construction and materials looked cheap before I saw the collection in real life, the jackets and blazers seemed well constructed though.

Same for the shoes, the quality surprised me in person. At the 80$ price point I think they make a great dress shoe for casual situations and if they get scuffed up you're not out hundreds.

Overall I think the Uniqlo +J collaboration produces higher quality products at a similar price point than H&M's guest designers. +J is more about quality basics while the H&M + Lanvin was more about the style and bold look of the products at H&M prices.

Did anyone see the 5 minute commercial/ movie for H&M + Lanvin? its really funny, they're actually airing a shortened version of it on French TV all the time.

copped the copper metallic laceups and navy shawl tux today. went out to some bars then headed out to chicago h&m at around 5:30 am, there were already 140 people there waiting in that freezing ass cold lol.

mens was an absolute shitshow. when restocks would come it turned into uganda food supply truck status. the cheaper shit was the first to go, ie. tshirts, ties, sunglasses, shoes. but there were so many fuckin LV/YSL-rigged chinamen there that snatched up like 8 blazers each so who the fuck know where all the 34/36s went.

overall, im slightly regretting not copping a bd, but i think i'll live. the shoes definitely do crease very easily, especially at the toe-fold, but they are genuine leather and i think they still maintain a VERY sexy look regardless at that pricepoint.

and i was DEFINITELY impressed with the quality of the tux. came out much better in person than i originally feared. shirts are all very very thin and airy. and no one gave a shit about the trenches and sports hoodies.

oh yea and the starbucks down the road gave free croissants and coffee so overall definitely a worthy experience :o

Just saying, they still had the DB coat at the NY 5th Ave, Flagship store in most sizes. I went in the afternoon, and in all honesty, I liked nothing that was left. I actually thought that the tux was pretty terrible in quality. The general quality was what I expected - low. I basically decided that it wasn't worth getting bad quality garments because they looked decent and were cheap.