Washed my Nudies after 4 months - many photos

Telix

I decided to washed my Nudies after 4 months and change. I was sick of how they were falling off my ass. They shrunk from a 38" waist back to about 34", and the inseam shrunk from 32" to 30". THANK GOODNESS. They now fit me fantastically. They lost a lot of the deep blue color I really liked, as I expected. The contrast is good, but the honeycombs seem so weird now that they are just lines as opposed to actual creases. I'm glad they fit again, though. I just hope the next few months get them looking better than ever.

Here are some before and after shots:

Front:

Before:

nudies_f_before.jpg

After:

nudies_f_after.jpg

Rear:

Before:

nudies_r_before.jpg

After:

nudies_r_after.jpg

Here they are on me:

nudies_wearing.jpg

Here are links to two animated gifs that are too large to post inline. They show a fade between the two images.

Front:

http://www.thepresentday.net/share/images/forums/front_animated.gif

Rear:

http://www.thepresentday.net/share/images/forums/rear_animated.gif

mine turned out the same way and i wore theme for 5.5 months, the only difference is that the behind the knees they were more whiter lines more contrast, that really came from how i sit in a chair, the front of the chair really wore the back of the knees to get the lines there, that is how they gogt tyher, if you really didnt' sit like that a lot then it takes a lot longer.

the whiskers a nd front thighs are good though as they have the subtle fade to them, that will slowly become slightly more pronounced through washinss, i have washed mine numerious times since and they still have a subtle fade to them, not really contterastly like fake wear but you can definitlely tell that it wasn't done fake, i like that look better than any super contrast.

Quote:

fit is better than high-contrast, i agree with you, telix. what was the tagged size?

what temperature wash?

nice post, btw.

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Apr 27, 2006 02:57 PM

Well, whatever "Hot" is on the washer. The tagged size was 34/32, they stretched to 38" or so. Ridiculous.

They just stretch! :) I don't think they were 34" when I bought them, probably more around 36". I've lost weight since then, though, and that combined with stretching made the jeans pretty baggy. I'm hoping they don't stretch too badly. Now that I've done the initial wash I'll probably wash every 3 months or so just to keep them snug.

i'm gonna say this and hope people agree....i have 2 pairs of RRDS and the first pair I got back in november 2004 before Nudies had legit distribution in the US. I wore these out for like 6 months and was pleased with the wash, quality is insane...but I got another pair around spring 2005 and worn and washed them in the same time frame, and the quality do not even compare to the earlier batch....anyone else agree?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:

i personally wouldnt have washed them that soon- probably gave it another 4 months. Well im breaking into a pair of RRDS at the moment and well 4 months is too soon for me.

--- Original message by greentea_v2 on Apr 29, 2006 12:59 AM

Perhaps you didn't read that I only washed them so they would fit better. I would have preferred to have them wear in longer, but they were so baggy they looked silly.

thanks. also, i dont really like tight jeans. i can deal with bootcuts though, as long as theres enough crotch room. would anyone recommend these for someone who isnt into tight jeans? i dont like em baggy, but maybe like a levis 527 cut, just regular fit bootcut

Edited by cant_sleep on Apr 30, 2006 at 07:32 AM