The Android Cell Phone Thread

herpsky

so, I've had my htc one s for two fucking weeks and the black colour is scraping away in every corner and in both the top and bottom edges. Its always in my pants pocket by itself, and I've dropped it once on a wooden floor, so most certainly hasn't been handled poorly. what a load of shit. my nexus S hasn't taken nearly as much damage over 1½ years compared to two god damn weeks.

so, I've had my htc one s for two fucking weeks and the black colour is scraping away in every corner and in both the top and bottom edges. Its always in my pants pocket by itself, and I've dropped it once on a wooden floor, so most certainly hasn't been handled poorly. what a load of shit. my nexus S hasn't taken nearly as much damage over 1½ years compared to two god damn weeks.

Do you not have a case for it? I have this one, it's pretty thin and my phone still looks new ~2 months later.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007V61ZIC/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00

not a huge fan of covers as I'm buying a super-slim phone for that very reason. I guess I'm used to phones that can withstand fabric... :angry2:

does that one have a rubbery surface? ie, is it easy to slide into a pocket? The only silicone cover I tried for my old iphone basically prevented me from pulling it out of a pocket...

With the cover, the One s is still thinner than my old Nexus one sans case.

I don't find it too too hard to pull out of my apc pockets (smallest pockets I got). The case is TPU, not silicone so it's not as tacky. I got the matte black one and it is a weird combination of smooth yet grippy. Kinda feels like nubuck. It makes the phone a lot easier to hold (and harder to drop). I've never liked nor used cases on previous phones, but I haven't taken this one off since I bought it.

All in all, not bad for the ~10 USD I paid for it.

Long shot question, can i get my gs2 unlocked from an australian service provider, take it to the us, buy a us sim, and have everything work (internet, calls (new number obviously) etc

Long shot question, can i get my gs2 unlocked from an australian service provider, take it to the us, buy a us sim, and have everything work (internet, calls (new number obviously) etc

i did it with an iphone4 but could only access like gsm data or something, not 3g.

• 1 month later...

do you guys think android phones/tablets are better integrated with google products (gmail, drive, calendar, etc)? as opposed to just using google apps on an iphone...

the company i work for pretty much runs on gmail and google software, so we're thinking about getting some nexus or galaxy tablets. and i'm personally thinking about switching from iphone to galaxy siii

Sent my Samsung galaxy s2 in for a warranty repair ( was putting itself into drive mode and mtp mode ? , turned it off then it turned itself back on and then it said the battery overheated )

Got a phone call from the repair centre and they said it was water damage and I was not covered ???? Thing has never been near water , told the guy this and he said it could be humidity ??? I live in Belfast northern Ireland

do you guys think android phones/tablets are better integrated with google products (gmail, drive, calendar, etc)? as opposed to just using google apps on an iphone...

the company i work for pretty much runs on gmail and google software, so we're thinking about getting some nexus or galaxy tablets. and i'm personally thinking about switching from iphone to galaxy siii

lol if you like google your will fall inlove with android... everything intergrates better than apple even and apples software is shit for the most part

note2-news-dsc07924.jpg

"The Galaxy Note II pushes the screen frontier to 5.5 inches wide, with another HD Super AMOLED display, this time at 1,280 x 720. Despite that expansion the phone is a mere 9.4mm thick, while it now houses a larger capacity (faster charging) 3,100mAh battery and a quad-core Exynos processor clocked at 1.6GHz. As the Galaxy Note was to the Galaxy S II, so the Note II takes some design riffs from theGalaxy S III, with the same rounded edges, glossy finish and extra software piled atop its Android base. There's also Samsung's reliable 8-megapixel camera sensor on the back, capable of 1080p video-recording."

from http://www.engadget....galaxy-note-ii/

Also, hands-on video

http://www.engadget....te-ii-hands-on/

Will probably cop since it comes out same month as my birthday :D

Edited by Jokez

What do you guys use for sufu on your android? Just the plain website in your browser? Tapatalk doesn't have superfuture listed, does it?

i just use the stock browser, mobile version of sufu works fine for me. only thing is i have to open pics in a new tab if i want to see them fully since i can't zoom in.

Edited by Jokez