The Android Cell Phone Thread

herpsky

• 3 weeks later...

the htc one x has been getting a lot of great reviews. i think i've found my next phone.

the verge's review

http://www.theverge....tc-one-x-review

I have an HTC sensation... Sense is a piece of shit it sucks, drains your battery, useless apps, flow doesn't feel right, the Stock ICS is a lot better than Sense 4.0 I installed both Rom's on my phone over the last month and the thought of sense makes me sick now, with that said HTC phone's build quality is outstanding

HTC phone's build quality is outstanding

yeah, this is one of the main reasons why i waited until this phone came out. i'm sure i would've bought a galaxy nexus/note by now if it wasn't for them both being made out of plastic. holding both of them in my hand, neither felt like a premium phone.

this is kinda cool but most japanese phones have been dustproof and waterproof (ipx5-8) for ages

not sure why nam phones aren't

it's how the american economy is stimulated, you've got to spend $200 every time you sneeze on your computer/phone.

• 2 weeks later...

gave in and bought the note off someone on monday. bought the north american version though instead of the international one.

rooted and flashed saurom on it. this phone is fast and watching videos is awesome with the huge screen. :D

I'm really feeling the Note. I tried it at the shop and put it in my jeans pocket, jacket pocket, handling it and stuff and it's not so massive. I actually think that the iPhone feels a bit bulkier in a way. And that screen is just amazing.

I will have to choose a new phone in September or so, then I will see what the market has to offer. But if there is an amazing Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or something like this then I might be tempted.

Otherwise I flashed the latest ICS rom and Spike Pure ICS on my Galaxy S2 and it really is the best mobile phone "experience" that I had so far. Everything smooth and nice and quick and all.

I really recommend it. I have a super stable system and it also looks really good.

Everything is really super easy, you should do it. It took me 10 minutes to

-redo my backups in Titanium (don't forget Wifi and BT pairings) and messages with SMS Backup/Restore

-wipe data/cache/dalvik in Recovery mode (power+volumeup+home keep pressed)

-flash XWLP4 with Odin (you can find the firmware here if you don't have it: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1075278

-flashing CF-root (here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1103399 , take the LPS version 3rd or so post)

-redo all the wipes in the new better recovery mode

-install the zip for Pure ICS while you're still in recovery mode (here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1451346 )

-you can also install the 15 toggles mod it's really useful : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1443498

-then reboot and start re-installing your backup with Titanium

Edited by freecat

I have an at&t galaxy s2 which has different rooting options, but the choices are still robust and give a great experience. Haven't had the time to test out any ICS roms as they are still buggy so I will wait a month or so for better releases. Right now I am running UnNamed rom for the att s2 and its probably the best gingerbread experience in terms of a polished release. It retains the samsung touchwiz which I like but adds better functionality and removes all the bloatware and counter-intuitive stuff from the phone. Very happy with it so far, the battery life is much better than stock. Anybody know if there is a setting for androids that kill an app that is idle for too long? Every now and again I'll leave my browser open when I sleep at night without charging my phone and it dies while I'm sleeping. Frustrating to say the least...

• 2 weeks later...

rooting isn't too hard. zedomax on youtube and the htc one x forum on xda are great resources with step-by-step instructions to help make rooting your phone as easy as possible.

anyways, galaxy s3 is cool but isn't as great as i thought it'd be. i'm not really feeling the design of it either.

guess i don't have to sell my galaxy note for now :D

Edited by Jokez

• 2 weeks later...

Lost my 2+ year old Nexus One in a cab, thinking about picking up the One S this weekend since t-mobile owes me a cheap upgrade. I've heard there is a problem with the bluetooth, but is there any other phone I should be looking at instead? Just want something fast from t-mo