The Android Cell Phone Thread

herpsky

The black one is a lost cause, theres no way I'm even going to try. Even the iphone5 in black loses its color. It's the nature of the material and the coating, there really is no way it can be bulletproof. If you really are that worried get the plain silver, I think its a safer bet.

but..but... the black one looks soooo good.

but yea, I learned enough from the One S which I had scraped heavily after just a couple of weeks....

• 2 weeks later...

nova launcher is best launcher imo

for the wallpaper issue, i had that when i first upgraded my galaxy nexus. download "wallpaper wizardrii" from the play store, it'll let you crop wallpapers, choose if you want wallpaper scrolling or not (nova has an option for wallpaper scrolling too)

Edited by Jokez

apparently not, unless i am a total idiot (possible). looking at launchers now.

if you're talking about the s3 (and maybe other android phones?), you can't change any of the dock icons with the latest android operating system - they took a bunch of the customisability out of the touchwiz ui. samsung deliberately restricted all australian carriers' firmware like this for some bullshit unknown reason. afaik they haven't done the same anywhere else.

was considering rooting my s3 to get around it, but I just tried out nova launcher and action launcher and managed to get my phone set up pretty much perfect. don't need That much customisability so a custom launcher with some widget architects and icon packs was more than enough for me.

Seems like there was an update for the HTC One and it now takes way better pictures:

http://www.androidpit.com/htc-one-update-camera?utm_campaign=Design_v1&utm_source=Home&utm_medium=News-Stream&utm_content=Variant_0

It sort of ticks something that held me against balancing for the HTC One instead of the S4.

I am quite pleased with my S3 on Foxhound 2.4, super quick, trouble/lag free... But now I want something with better build quality now and the S4 seems barely better made.

yeah, nova seems great - thanks for the heads up. one thing i can't figure out is that when i get an sms, the icon in the dock doesn't have the number notification that it does with the stock touchwiz. am i missing something? i have an s2 for the record.

nova settings > unread counts. you have to install something from the play store but i think you need to have nova launcher prime for it to work :(

im scared of rooting it or putting a custom rom. waiting for a black one so i can swap it out, but the silver is growing on me though....

any of you guys have the htc one and done some cool shit with it? my old smartphone wasnt as advance and im still trying to learn the kinks of this thing. you guys have any tips/suggestions that isn't widely talked about?

also anybody use or heard of any apps that can password protect my SMS/Text Messages? i hate it when people are checking my phone out they go read my Text messages. like wtf is that bs.

edit: ok just found out that the phone comes with a "secure box" for text messages, which is pretty awesome. but i'm looking for something that password protects all my SMS stuff. so like when i click to go to my SMS I would need a password to access all my text messages. any good apps out there?

Edited by mr.invincible

• 1 month later...

one thing i heard it cant do is take pictures with the front of the camera at night due to no flash, my friend recently developed an app called front flash that is first of its kind. instagram, snapchat kinda enhancing thing for night time photos (you know you love the selfies)

check it out here if you want, free to download.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.me.frontcam&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tZS5mcm9udGNhbSJd

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got a new Galaxy s4 and I like it a lot, but I can't type for shit on it... I know I'm technologically dumb as shit, but is there a way to fix this (like a setting or something)? As much as I like this phone compared to my iPhone, if I can't figure this out I'm gonna have to return it, ha. 

Also, did Verizon really get rid of non-family plans, or did I just get screwed? My data price practically just doubled.  :ohmy:

hmm, you could try using a different keyboard if you can't type at all on the stock samsung one.

swiftkey is the one i use but you gotta pay for it. there's a free trial on google play so you could try it out and see if you like it or not.

you could also try google's keyboard which is free.

Edited by Jokez