The Android Cell Phone Thread

herpsky

but for serious why isn't there a mail widget for 2.x (outside of htc)

nobody else wonders about this?

i use the dock indicator from the launcher, gets me a little label with the number of unread and direct shortcut. good enough.

everyone, you should start using Prey. it's that free locate your lost/stolen cellphone app, i'm sure it's going to be a lifesaver anytime soon.

i guess the odds of finding your phone drop a lot after 24 hours anyway... and if you pay then 5usd/month is not so bad to have a better protection on your phone, laptop and another device...

there might be some better alternatives though.

i go to my app killer and EVERYTHING is open... things i never use... just popping open without cause or instigation.

i miss my iphone.

Get taskpanel XTRA, it's a much better app than other task killers. Just set the apps you don't use on the "Kill list" and it will automatically kill them once they're open. Cheers.

i go to my app killer and EVERYTHING is open... things i never use... just popping open without cause or instigation.

i miss my iphone.

There's no need to be anal about what apps are "open" because most of these apps are just stored in memory as cache so that it can run more quickly on its next instance. Most of the time these apps are just idle on background not taking any CPU cycles.

If you are concerned about apps sucking on the battery I suggest installing a custom ROM where you can actually see the "Partial Wake Usage" of the apps.

Just bought Rom Manager from the market ($5.99) and the shit isn't working at all. There's a licensing error and it wont display premium roms, anyone else have this issue?

Why would you pay for it? Just get the free one.

As of now, I am trying to get CM7 and faux123's kernel working on my phone so I can overclock it to 1.5GHz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone own the mytouch 4G? about to sign a contract with tmobile, not sure what phone to go with. Mytouch 4g is $0.99 right now with two year contract, and I'm thinking it won't be worth it to spend $100 for the Galaxy S with the S2 out. I was gonna drop the extra cash on a G2x but I've been hearing it's very buggy - not sure if it's worth it, even for the insane speeds.

had the MT4G for half a year now, and im still extremely happy with it. its still super fast, so i dont see why i need dual core, and the last time i went into the t-mobile store i was surprised to find out it still has the fastest data speeds. thats changing in october though when they release the 42+ mgps joints.

overall id take the mt4g over any other phone on the market. and i dont think i can live without an optical pad.