LFC4ever

The Flat Head

Those vertical streaks :P

99E26C9C-9815-48DA-B432-27A5FCA0D1B7.jpeg

@Aries both jackets are gorgeous, but that Rider jacket is really something special. Much appreciate the info on TFH treatment of the leather you've described. Can I ask where you got it from - in Japan directly from TFH, or at a retailer outside of Japan? 

It's a lovely jacket.

3 hours ago, mpukas said:

@Aries both jackets are gorgeous, but that Rider jacket is really something special. Much appreciate the info on TFH treatment of the leather you've described. Can I ask where you got it from - in Japan directly from TFH, or at a retailer outside of Japan? 

Rivet and Hide used to have it as well as TFH site. Haven’t seen it elsewhere 

8 hours ago, mpukas said:

Thanks mate, agree, this is the pick of the bunch. I was searching for half belt "sport jackets" for a long time and considered various, but this just ticked all the boxes, from the minimalist design to the brown stitching and lightweight lining for year-round wear.

Sadly, once I decided on it, it was sold out pretty much everywhere (including Rivet and Hide in my size), but I eventually tracked the last one down at a great German shop, https://japanese-denim.de/new-arrivals.html , and snapped it up!

On 10/10/2019 at 5:32 PM, knucks said:

Guess this fits here

00638402-8636-4CA2-9ACF-66E4FBBCBADB.JPG

8960BE42-8AE5-424C-8443-163CE293F2B0.JPG

shameless plug but these are too small for me, for sale on Grailed, thanks!~

Seems like they fit here but not on your feet! :wacko:

@knucks what size are your boots, and what's the sizing like - do they run large or small, width? 

anyone go from f310 to d306?  did you just get the same size?

my f310s are a bit tight now since working out.  standing up they are fine but when i sit they dig in to my hip a bit  not directly at the waist band but like an inch or 2 below.  wondering if the increased room in the cut of the d306 is enough or should i size up 1 as well

Edited by evor1

9 hours ago, mpukas said:

@knucks what size are your boots, and what's the sizing like - do they run large or small, width? 

they are 8.5 and they run big, just depends how you like your boots/shoes to fit. I'm a 9.5-10 in vans if that helps and these work with a thin sock for me, but not well enough! if these were 9 i wouldn't be selling, but ive got a pair of attractions boot that work better for me

what size are u in attractions, @knucks?

On 11/14/2019 at 8:13 PM, oomslokop said:

what size are u in attractions, @knucks?

Shameless plug: I have an unworn pair of flat head 3009 size 32, western arcs. Has been soaked and chainstich hemmed after soaking to 32” inseam. Message me if interested. 

I'm travelling down to Kyoto today and, as folk might know, it's a small hop from there to Osaka, so was thinking of visiting Osaka during the week. Google Maps tells me Flathead's store is still open there; anyone know if that's correct or just Google Maps lagging behind?

I think Flat Head's stores are all still open, I still updates and stuff from them on Instagram.

I went to the store in Tokyo Friday. Didn't look like they planned on closing anytime soon since they gave me a point card. Would guess the Osaka is the same, like cold summer said the store is active on Instagram

So what's the deal with flathead now? Are they going to be able to turn around the business and continue operating as a going concern or are they going to end up liquidating and shutting down the business?

Wondering if this is the last chance to buy flathead gear...

^Kiya said in a separate thread that they have ceased all garment production with the exception of leather goods. So doesn’t look too promising. I bought a couple of flannels and a pair of 3009 in preparation. 

Flat Head is coming back in 2020 and will show a new collection to retailers by April of 2020 for a fall delivery.  In the meantime they're doing production on all leather goods (wallets, belts, jackets, boots, etc..).

Hell yeah. I'm very interested to see what they come back with and how they move forward. I'd guess a more limited line, but I guess we'll find out. 

Yep popped into their Tokyo store (lovely folks, were in awe of the state of my, i.e. their, leather jacket after a few months wear). They were talking about next year's production as I really wanted a few shirts that were out in my size, I was a bit taken aback, in a good way! Was great to hear.

I wish they would bring back some of the classic stuff. Native motif varsity jackets, cool belts and WR sizing. The WR size is good and you don't run into the overly long length and weird sleeves and get a nice short fit in sizes 42-44 for instance. 

Make a normal Type 2 or 3 jacket and I would get one in an instant (no weird looking front pockets and buttons). Pretty sure I've been on Self Edge's restock notice for the 6002W for like 2.5 years now.

I'd be delighted if they produced a wabash work shirt that would be sized more within the norm.

The problem with Flat Head's WR/"wide" sizes is that they didn't just increase the garment width (good), they also made the already-wide shoulders even wider (bad).

One can hope that Flat Head 2.0 will be a little more western-friendly with their sizing.