LFC4ever

The Flat Head

7 hours ago, Niro said:

When I was in Bangkok back in April/May, I visited all of the Pronto stores. This was on a weekday late afternoon/early evening, but whole area was packed with shoppers. Apart from one, they were all empty. That one had several people (non-staff) in it, all wearing Imperial jeans and in that corner of the store for Imperial.

Anyway, they had tons of flat head jeans. The 4001sp for example had almost a whole shelving square for it, and that's from about 2 years ago isn't it?

They had a ton of those 4001SPs in stock when I worked at FH. Guess they finally sold them all to Pronto. Kind of a weird model. The black jeans have never been all that popular but those ones are an even harder sell with the bright red stitching and stuff.

FH still has a great core range and the small curated collections that western stores like Self Edge and Rivet And Hide buy are always nice, but looking at their broader product range in Japan, it feels like they're either really unfocused or not sure what to do.

ah that's interesting. I actually really liked the look of the 4001SP. I regret not trying them but from measurements i've seen at 2nd, they seem ridiculously slim through the leg

1 hour ago, Radiohead89 said:

C177059A-86A6-49B9-97C5-3B73B5CA8230.jpeg

A09F17DA-9257-499B-A753-4D6A8001AEE9.jpeg

More pictures of the one on left please. How many wears and washes?

10 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

More pictures of the one on left please. How many wears and washes?

the 3009 on the left I've had since May 2013. Probably 1 year and half of real wear wear time. first wash around the 4 or 5 month mark and then a machine wash at least every 1-2 months after that. ill get some better pics up later. All in all its at probably 7-8 washes.

Edited by Radiohead89

New Flat Head F310 day 1. Shout out to Kiya at self edge for sizing help and freaky fast shipping. Love self edge ❤️

B04BF474-263F-4367-9159-72F06A0EC970.jpeg

43116AA3-EC7F-44FB-A2AD-B01354AFBD3B.jpeg

I'm in the market for a THC shirt or two from the Flat Head and have a few questions about fit. First, how do they shrink in the wash? Second, how do people usually size on them? At the moment, I'm somewhere in between a size 40/38 depending on the size charts.

My main concern is the length; I'd like to keep it around 24.5-25" length from the base of the collar to the hem. Just for fun, I'd like to keep the chest width anywhere around 36".

Anyone with experience want to chip in? FYI, I'm 5'10 and ~150 lbs with a slim/average build.

Edited by ReverendGlasseye

They don’t shrink in the wash at all.

You are definitely a size 38 or 40. Since you want a 24.5” length I would say get 40, although even that might not make them long enough... according to some measurements it looks like flat head might have made the newer THCs a little longer though...

let me know if you want any more help! The tees are awesome if it’s not too hot!

I'm 5'10 and 165 pounds and wear a 42. Great tshirts. 

13 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

They don’t shrink in the wash at all.

You are definitely a size 38 or 40. Since you want a 24.5” length I would say get 40, although even that might not make them long enough... according to some measurements it looks like flat head might have made the newer THCs a little longer though...

let me know if you want any more help! The tees are awesome if it’s not too hot!

IIRC, you went 40 on them, what's the length on yours? Honestly, anywhere between a 24-25" length should be fine.

need some advise on 2111 sizing: most japanese wear size 34 (samurai, IH..), TFH 4002 in 36 because of hip and thigh, RJBlues x R&H RFR-002 in size 34 were uncomfortable, so I suppose also size 36 would have been mine. As I understand in 2111 are not that slim (and also shrink a bit less than pioneer denim) so I should stick with 34? Or also size up to 36? thanx

Some more pictures of my flat head 3009 bought from self edge in may 2013.  They still have a lot of life in them and I’ve been washing them every 2 weeks to once a month now. Sorry for the iPhone quality pics. Tried to capture the color but they still look better in person. I’m using these as my daily work jeans now. Switching between my 3012 and F310 as my nicer outside of work jeans lol. I lost count of the real wear time but it has to be close to 2 years I think. I had to start a new profile on sufu cause I lost my old password and email. I was on here a while ago as maddogwellz. Well enjoy and let me know what you think of my jeans :)

11426828-F358-4F37-A60E-070D4E4FE6B6.jpeg

E0868BDE-4C49-4EAC-95DA-61E9A7BCD9C0.jpeg

A804EB6B-F92B-437F-B391-77C38CE1D7A0.jpeg

ED3EC9C5-131D-41C5-A432-C2D952525E99.jpeg

Nice looking jeans man! No matter how you wear and wash 'em, FH jeans look great after a lot of wear.

Has anyone else picked up the Rivet and Hide Collab Jean, the RFR-004? 

These jeans are very impressive...I'm curious why more people aren't discussing them.

Really inky, slubby left-hand-twill with good rise that narrows from the knee to the hem.

Honestly the best fit I've had since my Ande Whalls.

Let me know if anyone's got them or the slim straight 002's - we should hook up a mini-comp or at least a photo thread. 

(I realise it's an RJB collaboration but designed by Rivet and Hide and Flat head as well, and this thread gets more traction )

Thanks

Edited by UkeNo

i've got the 002s. Worn mine for about 2 months, but they are now in wardrobe as I decided to enter the DWC.

To be honest, I should have sized up one. Wearable, but on the tight side for me. For anyone that wants RJB jeans in slim tapered fit but in a mid rise, then these are the answer. 

The denim is amazing. The look of the denim combined with the silhouette make for the smartest looking jeans I own. Danny's (of Rivet & Hide) pair have got awesome fades after 6 months, really lovely shade of indigo.

haha, i haven't done pics cos rivet & hide do it best

Are there any shops in Japan with a bigger selection, also in the larger sizes, except for 2nd?

I couldn't find much.

I own the Western Flannel in 42. It's a big snug in the chest.

I'm thinking of buying another shirt.

Do the workshirts fit bigger?
What is the difference for both workshirts and western shirts with the W and WR? I couldn't figure it out, since 2nd doesn't have measurements and other retailers seem to mostly offer only one alternative.

wr is wider in the chest and belly, keeps all other measurements basically the same. i get wr whenever i could.

I own the block check heavy flannel shirt. Apparently around 2013 some changes were made to the fit.

Mine is from 2010 or earlier.

Does anyone know about these changes.

I'm asking, because I'm wondering if a current shirt in 42 would fit the same as my 42.

My F310 at about 11 months wear, a couple soaks and I think 8 or 9 washes.  I won't be wearing these much now because of the DWC. 

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

Awesome jacket, I've had mine for ~3 years and still really love it.

Got these new additions... man I'm really stoked that flat head is my favorite brand and it feels like the clothes are tailor made for me too!

LMy6NX7.jpg

Y2voJBP.jpg

v2swUkG.jpg

pR6fdmK.jpg

Upvote this post if you would buy the fuck out of one of these if they brought it back. So bummed I missed out on this when it came out. Literally like top 3 grails for me.

Glory Park indigo-dyed linen short sleeve:
FH_NAVY_01-454x683.jpg

9 minutes ago, Claytonimus said:

Upvote this post if you would buy the fuck out of one of these if they brought it back. So bummed I missed out on this when it came out. Literally like top 3 grails for me.

Glory Park indigo-dyed linen short sleeve:
FH_NAVY_01-454x683.jpg

I even asked the Flat Head guys if they were bringing this back because like you, it's a grail shirt for me. Unfortunately, no dice :( 

3 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I even asked the Flat Head guys if they were bringing this back because like you, it's a grail shirt for me. Unfortunately, no dice :( 

Oh man!