LFC4ever

The Flat Head

Looks like Flat Head is making some more pre-distressed pairs:

QjbTrCN.jpg

FGlOzNN.jpg

OsPlHvp.jpg

I don't think I'd ever buy another pair of pre-distressed jeans, but I also don't think they look half bad. What about you guys?

I agree with gnomes, pretty awful.

Terrible and them adding like $100-200 to the price makes them horrible.  

^from a demand (or consumer value) perspective the price may be ridiculous but the materials are the same and hand distressing takes a bunch of time with human labor so why shouldn't they charge more?

i will say that as revolting as faux-distressing is, these are actually very well executed.  The garbage True Religions that get folded and sanded so each whisker is perfectly straight and, well, fake looking look terrible compared to these.  These could actually pass as sick fadez if someone threw a couple pics on Instagram

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Tears look nasty. I don't know about you guys though but the suede arcs are growing on me. 

The whiskers are pretty good looking for pre-distressed jeans. But they should have stopped there and shouldn't have added the holes.

Isnt Warehouse doing the same with their 2nd hand line? Might be the new thing in japan

The distressing is some of the best I've seen, the holes look like the shit you see on the 'denim' racks in River Island, Next etc

interesting how a pair of distressed can polarize superdenim, i think these are some of the worst-looking predistressed i've seen mainly due to the holes

If those weren't Flat Head they may well have been posted in the ugly jeans thread.

Not for me, the holes look awful 

Seeing artificial holes/tears makes jeans look like sun-baked dog poo to me, but if they are holes from natural wear & tear, I think they look pretty awesome

thats  the fashionable thing now!

I actually like holes that look like that and wanted the holes in my jeans to be patched that way, except for the crotch, but Indigo Proof only does darning.

These definitely don't look as good as natural wear, but as far as predistressed jeans go I think they look really good. After seeing those, I just thought it was funny that even when it comes to pre-distressed jeans, the Japanese brands just do it better!

pre-distressed TFH? Really? why is this even being discussed... 

Because they are made by The Flat Head :D

Maybe footage of the amount of work going into distressing the denim might change minds for you know, science. 

The holes are too much, but the whiskering is actually quite good, it looks surprisingly natural.

Will 2 separate hot soaks (at least 100*f), heavy agitation by hand inside out, separated by hang drying get all the shrinkage out of the 14.5 3xxxx denim? or will i have to go for a third.

I dont want to use my washing machine. 

I'd say the bulk of it would be out but you might have some residual shrinkage if you inevitably machine wash. In my experience aggressive hand washing still isn't as effective as machine washing and the pioneer denim takes a whole lot to finally settle. 

If I remember correctly the pioneer denim will shrink around 3" in the inseam. If your two hot soaks gets you pretty close to that then you should be good to go. 

Fwiw, I did two hot soaks with agitation got a lot of shrinkage and wore my jeans for a few months but after machine washing them they shrunk a bit more...

Why anti-machine? I would just be afraid of having jeans that I liked for a few months becoming too small once you eventually washed them.

Even with a machine, you don't have to worry about it making the jeans soft or missing out on the fades or anything, even if you want super contrast...

^ Well.. I have this front loading washing machine and Im not sure if that is going to cause them to get twisted like you would see normal garments..

Has anyone used a front load washer

I have a front loader and wash all my jeans in it.

yup same here