LFC4ever

The Flat Head

11,761 posts in this topic

@ryan123 Those look like they're the same material but one is a Work Shirt and one is a Western Shirt. Main differences there are pockets and yoke.and buttons (regular vs. snap). I think Westerns tend to be cut a little bit slimmer but I can't speak from experience w/ TFH because I only have workshirts of theirs.

Wearing my 3005 again because my 105BSP's have a crotch blowout... but I'm not complaining! Complete with RJB shirt. 

IMG_0267.JPG

On 4/13/2017 at 9:15 AM, Vulcan said:

@ryan123 Those look like they're the same material but one is a Work Shirt and one is a Western Shirt. Main differences there are pockets and yoke.and buttons (regular vs. snap). I think Westerns tend to be cut a little bit slimmer but I can't speak from experience w/ TFH because I only have workshirts of theirs.

tfh westerns have pretty aggressive taper in the body, not recommended for those with beer bellies. i don't mind sizing up to get them to fit in the body though i end up with loose-ish shoulders and sometimes sleeves that are a bit too long. they still look good not too sloppy since overall the cut it slim. just something to consider for those who like their shoulder and sleeves to fit perfect.

Hi, I'm looking at the 3012 fit. The rear rise seems much longer than normal. Does anyone know if this means extra room in the seat? 

On 4/13/2017 at 11:40 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

Updated fit pic this time with a shirt ;)

IMG_3080.JPG

Those slippers are half mop half cookie monster :D. I like the fit tho mate, those are some nice jeans.

49 minutes ago, Vulcan said:

Those slippers are half mop half cookie monster :D. I like the fit tho mate, those are some nice jeans.

Thanks. My wife makes me wear those around the house. I love the jeans too. Flathead denim shows some serious character.

Posted (edited)

Just received a couple TFH shirts from e2nd. Sharing the measurement in the hope that will be useful to someone here. This is as-received (so one-washed):

Denim cowboy shirt, 7001WR size 42: shoulders: 19.75, p2p: 21.6, waist: 19.75, length: 28.25, sleeve: 23.5

(If this doesn't shrink further, it has the potential of becoming my favorite shirt. The details are great. I was focused on the p2p and shoulder measurement and missed the fact that it keeps on tapering. The waist is limit.)

Red chambray work shirt, 7116WR size 42: shoulders: 20, p2p: 21.5, waist: 20.5, length: 28.75, sleeve: 24.75

IMG_5857.JPG

Edited by JDelage

@JDelage - thnx for posting pics and measurements. Questions about your method - where are you measuring the waist? At the smallest width, and are you doing a second measurement at the bottom width/opening? 

My hunch has always been that I'd need a 44 in TFH, and your measurements confirm that. I find it interesting how much taper they have compared to shoulder width. Post some fit pics when u get a chance. Thnx! 

I tried to find the spot where the shirt was at its most narrow but you are right that I should add a shirt opening measurement. Yes, the denim shirt tapers a lot more than I expected. I knew about the shoulder-vs-p2p peculiarities, but the waist surprised me. It should be OK as long as I don't gain any weight. Note that those are both WR (somewhat westernized). The standard W version would not have fit me in 42. 

Posted (edited)

If it's of any interest I've got the similar f-ds001 in size 42wide with the following measurements: shoulders: 20.5, p2p: 23.7, waist: 20.8, opening: 21.7, length: 28, sleeve: 25.6. The shirt is one-washed, haven't washed/soaked it yet to see, if there's more shrinkage to be had.

Edit: added a pic, sorry for the shitty pic quality

unnamed.jpg

Edited by mrman

Great shirts JDelage, I have the 7002 denim shirt and love it after almost two years of owning / five months of wearing. I actually prefer the styling of the 7001, but the 7002's unsanforized denim seems a little nicer to me. For some reason the 7001's sleeves are a lot shorter too, which doesn't work for me.

I'm skinny and wear my denim shirt like a jacket over other tees/shirts 99% of the time, so the tapered waist isn't a problem for me. Really the only gripe I have about the fit is that the neck seems really loose for my size (40), meaning that if I button the thing up, it looks weird unless the top two buttons are undone. Pretty minor gripe though and not noticeable when wearing it open.

Great looking store!!!

IMG_9815.JPG

IMG_9814.JPG

also
Just wondering if i can do a FS post in here? Thought i'd ask first before posting.
Got some pairs that I never got around to wearing and/or don't fit me anymore.
tia

On 1/7/2017 at 10:08 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

Here are some pics of the flathead store in shibuya during my trip to Japan last week. The staff was super cool but for one reason or another they did not have that many shirts in larger sizes so I only ended up getting 4 shirts. I guess flathead makes clothes for smaller people? Anyways is probably a good thing or else I wouldn't be able to control myself from spending more money

3056B292-7B0E-492C-93A2-40F5E8376047.JPG

do you guys know what is the series the guy in the orange shirt is wearing?

4 hours ago, ryan123 said:

do you guys know what is the series the guy in the orange shirt is wearing?

I could be wrong, but I believe this is the shirt.

35 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

i think ryan was asking about the denim series of the jeans...

Just reread... Damn it. Sorry guys.

^ I think he mentioned that its either the 3001 or 3005.

Edited by 1fookntitefd
mistake

On 4/18/2017 at 3:16 PM, JDelage said:

Denim cowboy shirt, 7001WR size 42: shoulders: 19.75, p2p: 21.6, waist: 19.75, length: 28.25, sleeve: 23.5

(If this doesn't shrink further, it has the potential of becoming my favorite shirt. The details are great. I was focused on the p2p and shoulder measurement and missed the fact that it keeps on tapering. The waist is limit.)

Fit pics...

IMG_5900.JPG

IMG_5911.JPG

@JDelage - what are your thoughts on the fit? Overall I think it looks pretty good, but are the shoulders a bit big? 

The shoulders are too big, but this is the best I can hope for in TFH. The shirt is fitted in the torso as it is. In IH I have the reverse problem: the torso is too big for my shoulder size.

Looks great to me, FH shirts fit like that in the shoulders on most people, so I think it's perfectly fine if it's a bit wider there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ukashoeheadist
      Hey all,
      I know I don't sell frequently.  Been on here for a while.  Trying to get rid of some items that don't get much love in the closet.

Flat Head s/s orange western button up shirt - Size 38 (M) = $50 shipped in US
      Great details with button snaps.  Nice material.
      Worn about 5 times, washed once. 
      Measurements: Shoulders 17 3/4", Sleeves 7 3/4", Top 25 1/4" (back of neck to bottom of front), Pit to pit 20"

Stevenson Long sleeve Beige shirt - Size L = $50 shipped in US
      Exceptional quality, beautiful material, great feel and thickness.  Button snaps
      Worn about 3 times, washed and dried once
      Measurements: Shoulders 18", Sleeves 24.5", Top 29.25" (back of neck to bottom of front), pit to pit 21"

Sunny Sports Long sleeve shirt with red/ colored weave - Size L = $30 shipped in US
      Light, beautiful colors, and exceptional weave quality.
      Worn about 8 times, washed and dried once
      Measurements: Shoulder 17", Sleeves 25.5", Top 30.25" (back of neck to bottom of front), Pit to pit 18.25"

Quoddy Chukka Black Leather - Size 7.5 = $60 shipped in US
      Quality leather.  Well used about 7/10 condition.  Tons of life as you can see

• By HangWithHuang
      Cleaning out my closet for stuff I don't get to wear as often!  Willing to accept offers.
      1. Himel Bros. Brimaco Raider Cafe Racer - $1750 plus shipping
      This jacket is absolutely insane. Tagged size 36, fits like S. Made with 100% genuine Shinki tea-core horsehide that will gradually fade from deep black to a gorgeous brown as it ages. Weighs in at around 5 pounds and is built to take an absolute beating. Deadstock Lightning zippers, bi-swing back, and of course the absolutely unparalleled quality that David Himel is known for. If you know leather jackets, then you'll know that this is the creme de la creme. Retails for $2450.
      Worn lightly and still has plenty of breaking in left to do. It's a shame that I have to sell this as it's just slightly too small for me. Would totally be interested in trading for another leather jacket of similar quality in a larger size.
      Description from Himel's website: 
      "The Raider jacket is an homage to one of the greatest café racer jackets ever made. Brimaco or British Mfg. Co of Montreal, Canada designed this iconic jacket in the 1950's after attending motorcycle races on the Isle of Man. The jacket has a distinctive British feel with a longer straighter torso and a simple clean back with bi-swing expansion gussets and a long chinstrap. We own so many originals of this great design that it barely required any tweaking, and this model uses our limited supply of original 1950's and 1960's Lightning zippers."
      MEASUREMENTS: 
      P2P: 20" 
      Shoulders: 17" 
      Sleeve: 24.5" 
      Back length: 26.5" 
      Front length: 24"
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/XYjPXEAmQKmsg1EMJ119[/img]
      2. The Real McCoy's M-422A Flight Jacket - $1150 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/mcslLUs7SuOKnR9V2Rdf[/img]
      Absolutely stunning M-422A flight jacket from The Real McCoy's New Zealand. If you know The Real McCoy's, then you'll know that everything they make is of the highest standards, from the material to the construction. This jacket is made with the finest goatskin and mouton fur and is built just impeccably. Faithful to the original details, but superiorly made.
      Measurements: 
      P2P: 21" 
      Shoulder: 17" 
      Sleeve: 24.75" 
      Length: 25.75"
      3. Needles/Nepenthes (Engineered Garments) Horween Shell Engineer Boots, resoled by Brian the Bootmaker - $1500 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/ePB7rWcfRrKeG75LT7SO[/img]
      Needles (Engineered Garments) Engineer Boots made with genuine Color No. 8 Horween Shell Cordovan in tag size 9UK. I'd say they fit pretty TTS, although there is plenty of room for one to wear thicker socks.
      These were picked up from the Nepenthes shop located in New York City. Needles is the sister company of Engineered Garments (both owned by Nepenthes). This pair has also been re-soled by Brian the Bootmaker (Role Club) and converted to his signature hand-welt. They're really fresh too - worn under 10 times. Truly an amazing pair of boots. Shell cordovan engineer boots are pretty hard to come by, especially ones made with Horween (most other shell engineer boots are made with Shinki cordovan).
      4. The Flat Head 6002W Type II Jacket - $350 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:90/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/RINrxGgSFazJbCpUp1cI[/img]
      Classic Type II jacket by The Flat Head in their Pioneer denim. Gently worn, practically new. Retails for over $500 at Self Edge.
      Size: 40 (no such thing as S/M/L) 
      Front Length: 24.5 
      Arm Length: 34 
      Shoulder: 18.5 
      Pit to pit: 20.5
      5. Evisu No. 2 Type I Jacket - $130 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/LrCQ4QAiTzavNJhhb1X6[/img]
      Pretty sweet Type I jacket by Evisu. Sick details all over, well worn and faded.
      Tagged size 40 fits S-M. See measurements below: 
      pit to pit 21.5 inches 
      opening 19 inches 
      sleeve 24.75 inches 
      overall length 23 inches 
      shoulders 18.5 inches
      6. Iron Heart Indigo-dyed Waffle Work Shirt (IHSH-96) - $225 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/uJmnA9JZQaNjDaYd8eZW[/img]
      Worn a handful of times, not really my style. No damage and in excellent condition. Fits excellent as either TTS or slightly tight as it's a slim fit with a hint of stretch due to the waffles knit pattern, though it's 100% cotton. Shirt is sold out in this size last I checked.
      Beautiful indigo dyed waffle fabric that we think will age amazingly 
      Black cat's-eye buttons 
      Chain stitch run-off 
      Triple needle-stitch construction using self coloured needle and red bobbin threads 
      All felled seam construction 
      Rinsed, so there should be no appreciable shrinkage 
      Model Sam wears a Medium, Giles wears X-Large in this shirt (rather than his normal Large)
      Measurements direct from IH: 
      Shoulders    17.2 
      Length 27.8 
      PtP    21.5 
      Sleeve    24.8 
      Collar    17.1
      7. Pure Blue Japan 5 Oz. Neppy Selvedge Western Shirt - $180 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/gs7l3nnXTxq6byH82P0s[/img]
      Shirt is basically brand new, worn no more than 2-3 times. Retails for $230 at Rivet and Hide. Tagged size 3 (fits like S). Check Rivet and Hide for exact measurements.
      -100% cotton 5 oz selvedge denim 
      -Rope-dyed indigo 
      -Western style / back yoke 
      -Snap buttons 
      -One wash (minimal shrinkage) 
      -Felled seams 
      -Chain stitch run-off 
      -Embroidered "shoai" indigo plant leaf emblem 
      -Crafted in Japan
    • By jjkchung
      Selling very lightly worn pair of Iron Heart 301s-14.
      Size 31 waist. Chainstitch hemmed by Selfedge to 30".
      Worn about 15 times. No visible damage at all. Soaked just once.
      Selling because lost weight and no longer fit.
      $240 USD shipped to Canada/CONUS. Lowballers ignored.
      http://www.selfedge.com/jeans/iron-heart?product_id=1578&limit=20
      PM if interested.

• By royalcheese
      Ballpark / Joe McCoy's 40's style hoodie dark blue in size 38 M SOLD!
      Like new washed once, asking for 140€ shipped in EU.

FS:Warehouse x sufu x big collab 2007 only 200 pairs made.
      current measurements as follow:
      waist 45
      inseam 73
      tighs 29
      hem 20
      No chainstich at hem
      Washed 3 or 4 times maybe
      110 euros¬ shipped in EU

Momotaro shorts W36
      10.5oz jelt denim
      in excellent condition, no rips, holes etc. Washed 4-5 times, very light fading.
      Asking for 60€ plus shipping from EU

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3850/14364591430_20e3e5bb11_c.jpg
    • By Bambuta

The Flat Head - 3002 W34 RJB colabo
      The Flat Head - RJB Colab
      W34
      Length 104cm
      Once Washed at 50* celsius. Shouldnt shrink no more.

Wtaps Buds and Jungle Shirt Large 
      Size Large ( Jap. 3)

Should be from 2014 if am not mistaken. In my opinion the better fitted shirts from the Jungle/Bud Shirts collection before the went for the wider cuts in 2015.

each worn a couple of times, no flaws or stains tho.

Neighborhood We-West Large 
      Neighborhood We- West
      Size Large

only worn 1, no flaws