The Flat Head

LFC4ever

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't like anything I have in my closet which is part of why it grabbed my eye.

Did they make the fabric in another colorway?

I'm just glad SE is starting to carry some size 48 FH shirts, the measurements look pretty good.

Wish I lived closer to one of their stores, would love to try it on.

So that new FH dobby shirt that SE has looks really nice.

Maybe the 48 would work for me. The fabric looks incredible.

I don't do much instacopping the moment I open a delivery box but this shirt was definitely a situation where I opened the box, picked up my size, tried it on and didnt take it off for the rest of the day. I'm glad that we're able to bring in size 48...hopefully they start making that size for more shirts too. 

I've been looking for a THC-165 for ages, but can't find it anywhere.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thx.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/thc-165/

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vintage/item/fhthc-165-16ss/

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/craft-ac/thc165.html

I have a few Flathead shirts including the HN-52W work shirt flannel in the sax blue and the red.  I love the look and feel of these shirts.  I always worried that the Flathead Flannel shirts would be too short.  I bought size 46.  I normally wear a XXL to XXXL in Iron Heart shirts.  I'm 6'3" and weigh 205lbs.  My one complaint on their shirts is I feel the shoulder measurements tend to be too wide compared to the rest of the specs and the bottom opening on some shirts is a little narrow.  I have one shirt that has a 46 inch chest measurement with a 23 inch shoulder measurement.  I think anyone who has 23 inch wide shoulders would tend to have a bigger chest.  If you look at most of the pictures of people wearing Flathead flannels you'll notice the shoulder don't sit on their shoulders but tend to hang over the edge of their shoulder because the should width is too wide.  With all the said the shirts still look really good and feel awesome.  For my size I think the new western block check flannel in the midnight blue and black that Rivet & Hide recently received looks like it could be an awesome shirt in a size 48.

If you've been tempted to try a Flathead flannel and like Iron Heart shirts I would say go for it.  They definitely fit a little different but the quality and feel is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

MK line wallets - these ones are liquid thunder!

Shinki shell cordovan throughout. Welted, hand-sinew-stitch, all edges beveled and burnished.

p3BtdCs.jpg

tvIPPh1.jpg

TFH boss apparently uses the one in the first pic himself.

Those look very nice. It's good to see FH branching out and trying something different/innovative with their leather crafts. On the other hand, I can't see something like that ever really fitting in with my style, compared to a more classic long wallet.

Certainly a very interesting take on the mid-wallet. I've never used a welted wallet myself...

That wallet is absolutely gorgeous!

Corlection has them, AUD $1.4k

Yeah they def do, I've actually seen some pictures of the tools they use. It was in japanese, but I think what they were trying to show is that ont he new wallets the stitch count is higher and they tweaked the shape of the pointy parts or something like that!

I don't mind it at all, I'd prefer using a tool like that than uneven stitching. My favorite thing though is still the tendon (sinew?) thread, it's more durable and just looks so much cooler than regular lightweight thread.