The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Yeah b_F, I've had that issue with most of the Flat Head pairs I've worn (and other brands as well.) I think the RJB D105 was the only one I had where it wasn't an issue. I don't get why they won't just have a deeper pocket opening, it'd easily solve that problem. I'm the same as you, I don't keep much in my front pockets but I like being able to rest my hands inside. 

I don't find the pockets themselves too small, but the way the pocket openings are cut is really awkward. I wonder what reason they had for that design, as it seems they typically put a lot of thought into every detail of their products. 

Edited by Soks

I don't find the pockets themselves too small, but the way the pocket openings are cut is really awkward. I wonder what reason they had for that design, as it seems they typically put a lot of thought into every detail of their products. 

There has to be a reason for it, there's no way its a simple oversight by The Flat Head

Personally i never ever, ever use my front pockets so its not a big deal to me and i think it might make the top block a bit smoother looking? I am wearing my samurai jeans right now and i swear the pockets have an much looser crease than my flat heads which i think makes the top block look looser/sloppier 

Just my 2 cents, i may be talking out of my ass here tho 

At Oomslokop's request, here is the backprint of my TFH x Miwa Komatsu ''Year of the Monkey'' shirt. I picked it up from the RJB store in Daikanyama, Tokyo last week. Not to everyone's taste, I'm sure, but I dig the artwork as it reminds me of my metal days. The shirt is a THC model and also comes in white and pale yellow. I took a size 42. 

26779875956_788c2fc387_z.jpg

So australia post has still not located the shell flat head wallet i purchased from Yahoo japan. So i said fuck it and decided to go through a different proxy this time and try to snag a different Flat Head mid wallet that i was pretty sure was also shell. 

This is what i had to work with for pictures from the seller on Yahoo Japan 

qNxfkwF.jpg

fpU9ECV.jpg

4eaAsQw.jpg

So really not the best pictures and the item description just said it was a Flat Head wallet and listed the dimensions. So i took the plunge and decided to try out J-subculture. They had some good reviews on reddit within the fancy pen subthreads so i figured I'd give them a whirl. 

I placed my winning bid, the item was actually a cash on delivery which j-sub notified me of right away after winning. I won the auction last thursday, j-sub had arranged for shipping that day and had the cash on delivery item delivered to them on the friday. They had people in the office all weekend apparently and had my item packaged, shipping details sent to me, my payment processed, and then shipped out on monday from Japan to me in australia. 

The item arrived in Sydney on wednesday and thursday at Noon it was delivered to me. 

First impressions, HOLY FUCK! I hit the jackpot with this one! All natty/whiskey coloured shell and the thing was like new! A few small scuffs here and there with a bit of dryness to the shell. So i took it home and hit it with a layer of saphir reno and the wallet really came to life. Brushed it a bit to give it a bit of it's original shine back. 

This was this morning, shitty camera phone pic because i was so excited. 

aNlHJY3.jpg

ABAYtb4.jpg

I really like the coin slot and flap, i much prefer it over the newer (?) zippered models i see, i find the zippers tarnish and scratch the leather in an unaesthetic way. 

I feel like i really hit the jackpot here, i spent a bit more than what i had for my missing Flat Head wallet ($220 AUD), $370 AUD plus $15 shipping but i think this was money well spent. 

Maybe australia post will find the other wallet? who knows, but for now i am in love 

The compensation needs to come from Japan EMS and buyee japan have been extremely difficult to communicate with and originally stated they wouldn't be lodging an inquiry with Japan post. I've just opened a paypal dispute to get them moving since its bullshit they refuse to do anything about a missing parcel 

I actually called australia post today and they said that the parcel is probably never going to turn up and that only Japan Post can issue any type of insurance refund for the item and that would be sent to the seller (Buyee Japan). The item entered australia on 15th April, made it through customs and into aus posts hands. I doubt i"ll ever get any money back unless paypal decide to side with me. 

I'm probably going to stick with j-subculture from this point on, most other proxies won't buy anything from a seller who doesnt accept bank transfers. Plus their communication and service was pretty incredible, I'm also pretty sure their fees were substantially less and shipping estimates seemed much cheaper 

EDIT: i also have a pair of vibergs enroute to me. Australia post recieved the item in Sydney and then sent the item to Queensland instead of just down the road to me in Sydney from the airport. So instead of waiting 2 weeks for an item from the US I'll have to wait an additional 5 days for them to sort this out.

I've never delt with a more useless company than Aus Post, they're very polite and their customer service is good but their system, fees, and network is complete rubbish 

Edited by karanimal

I've forwarded paypal all my responses from australia post saying the item is lost. So in this instance "technically" i should win and be covered by buyer protection & buyee japan should also be covered by the seller protection. I've pretty much accepted my losses on this one so if anything comes out of it I'll be happy. I'd rather just end up having the damn wallet delivered to me 

Don't give up on lost mail!

Just took delivery of a lost package from LoopWeeler after 17 months...

(Not Australian Post, though.)

Edited by Foxy2

Great wallet!

Here's my jeans now... A great example of why I think flat head makes the most beautiful denim in he world!

m26JgPx.jpg

I'm digging it

I always assumed Paypal offered good buyer protection, wondering what they will do in this case.

You are brave to give j-subculture a try as there are some not so positive shopping experiences posted online about them... ;)

Paypal ended up siding with me in this case, I have no idea what coverage Buyee will receive but I am pretty happy with this outcome. 

The complete disregard for me and the "buyers insurance" they advertise is pretty infuriating. Glad paypal had my back when it mattered. 

PSA: USE PAYPAL FOR PROXY PURCHASES!