The Flat Head

LFC4ever

EVHwl0R.jpgPKSkd5Q.jpgHere are a couple fits pics. Shrunk a lot as expected. I like the front profile, but from the side they are still a little baggy. I am used to a lot skinnier jeans though so I am a little biased. 

The fabric is so dang soft, it's hard to imagine any high contrast fades coming from these. Do you guys starch yours or something?

Wow! Those are an incredible fit. Congrats! Now you know they won't shrink anymore either, that's the fit you'll always have.

Trust me, you'll get used to the space and love it. They don't look baggy at all and give a nice tapered silhouette. Get those hemmed and you are golden.

If you want contrasty fades, flat heads will do that. Just wash every few months. Although I personally feel you should wash at least once a month if you wear them every day. I wash every 2 weeks and mine are incredible, my favorite flat heads I've ever seen at this much wear. Trust me, flat head knows that they are doing, just wear them normally and they will end up spectacular.

Edited by itsbenhere

Thanks for the responses guys! I have worn pretty darn skinny jeans my whole life so it is weird having this much room I guess. Oh and here are the pre/post soak measurements:

pre (taken from SE/rivet and hide):

Waist: 17"

Thigh: 13.2

Front Rise: 11.5

Back Rise: 16.25

Knee: 9.4

Hem: 7.6

Inseam: 38

post hot agitated soak/hot wash (and worn for maybe 30 mins):

Waist: 16.25" (I think I have already stretched it a little)

Thigh: 12.5"

Front Rise: 10.75"

Back Rise: 15.5" (love dat long back rise)

Knee: a touch over 9"

Hem:7"

So, lots of shrinkage!

EDIT: I also gotta say, the denim after the shrinking is BEAUTIFUL. I wasn't expecting so much character

Edited by KPJ

So The Flat Head wabash is really tempting me.

Trying to decide if a 44 WR would work or should I look into the 48 I've seen at 2nd.

I know, those are kind of big size discrepancies. I only have one Flat Head shirt being the spring weight buffalo check flannel. It fits great in the chest and the shoulders, but the body is a bit too tapered for my beer belly.

I wish 2nd would just post some measurements. In an ideal world I think if a 46WR existed I would go for it.

Or should I just give up on finding a FH shirt that works for me? Leaning toward it. :D

48.  100%  Jonathan at SEPDX is wearing a 46, it's snug, and he's slim for 6'3" with big old shoulders.

After a lot of waffling between FH 3012s and Sam 0500xx I've finally ordered a pair of 3012s. Hope mine turn out as well as the ones above. Thanks for posting measurements - confirms I made the right choice in going with a 34.

BTW great tile work in that bathroom

too small.

Bummer. It's a great cut if you like plenty of rise/thighs and nail the sizing.

Well I clearly sized wrong. If anyone wants a size 33 brand new with tags, no soak or anything, PM me.

This is a really great cut (as Tmadd said above..), why not just exchange them for the right size if they're unworn/unsoaked?

Edited by kiya

Other than the red one that I have, I think that's probably the only other color native check I'll buy if they make it again. Shame I'm opposed to buying anything used...

Is it a size 40 or 42? Might be relevant to put in the listing.

Thanks, Ben! I missed that, somehow. 

My 3012s arrived and I am seriously pleased. Ordered from 2nd and it worked out great. I've had a run of mis-sizing denim lately and really glad to find a new pair that is going to work well - and couldn't be happier that its TFH pioneer denim to boot!

Size 34 (raw vs post wash)

W 17.75 / 16.5

T 13.25 / 12.5

I 37.5 / 34.75

LO 7.75 / 7.25

FR 11.5 / 10.75

BR 16 / 15.25

The post wash sizes above included a hot agitated soak and a hot machine wash. This is prior to wearing at all so does not consider any stretching. The hem should be about 7.5" after I have them chain-stitched.

My only complaint was the rise is a bit lower than spec and that was my real reason for wanting this cut. However, its long enough for me. Can't wait to break em in